Malazan Empire: ASOIAF Ultimate Survivor - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1

ASOIAF Ultimate Survivor Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

With George R. R. Martin's propensity to kill off major protagonists, one has to wonder who exactly has a chance to remain among the living once we turn the very last page and reach the end of the forthcoming A Dream of Spring.

With the author's love for bittersweet endings, I doubt that fan favorite characters such as Jon, Arya, Tyrion, and Jaime will still draw breath at the end. My money is on Sansa to go the distance, much as I hate her.

So who do you think will endure and become A Song of Ice and Fire's ultimate survivor???

Vote here!

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:02 AM

View Postpat5150, on 04 May 2011 - 02:49 AM, said:

With George R. R. Martin's propensity to kill off major protagonists, one has to wonder who exactly has a chance to remain among the living once we turn the very last page and reach the end of the forthcoming A Dream of Spring.

With the author's love for bittersweet endings, I doubt that fan favorite characters such as Jon, Arya, Tyrion, and Jaime will still draw breath at the end. My money is on Sansa to go the distance, much as I hate her.

So who do you think will endure and become A Song of Ice and Fire's ultimate survivor???

Vote here!

Patrick

Come on Pat. We all know the board is split between Hodor and Bronn for all the win. No need for a poll.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Dany will survive, and I think Jon. Unless Jon gets Dany pregnant before the end, in which case he's fair game also.

I think the odds are with Tyrion, tough little bastard that he is. Plus he's kind of the running commentary and GRRM's favorite character (mine too). Though it wouldn't surprise me if GRRM sacrificed him at the series climax.

I'm guessing Arya, Sansa, Bran, and Rickon are all guaranteed to live long enough to factor into the series climax, and likely beyond. Given the nature of how Arya will likely factor in, she may not survive. Bran may be physically killed at some point, but even so he'll survive in another's body.

Jaime is a free agent now, it's anyone's guess what happens to him.

On the other side of the coin, Cersei and Littlefinger are so dead their POVs are even now fading from books 1-4.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#4 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hasn't GRRM's wife said she'll divorce him if he kills Dany off?

So I'm choosing Dany, unless GRRM wants a divorce I think she's safe. :D

#5 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

Bran, because he is Broken, Arya, because she is other (but not Other) type of "lady" and I hope that Tyrion. And maybe ser Berric Dondarion, he has its own style of surviving...:D
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#6 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Hmm. On one hand, we have Mr Martins plot armor protecting several characters. And then we have fans who will jump to the aid of their favorite character. And then we have the truth which is Bronn.

Bronn cannot die. It is written. Having a discussion about it is like debating whether then sun is hot.

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

View PostTyr, on 12 May 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

Hmm. On one hand, we have Mr Martins plot armor protecting several characters. And then we have fans who will jump to the aid of their favorite character. And then we have the truth which is Bronn.

Bronn cannot die. It is written. Having a discussion about it is like debating whether then sun is hot.

I already told you guys...Bronn is going to get iced...and it will be with a whisper. Not at all what you are expecting.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Because of your interminable posts about him, I now am rooting for Bronn to die in the stupidest, most random way possible.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#9 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 12 May 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

Because of your interminable posts about him, I now am rooting for Bronn to die in the stupidest, most random way possible.

^ This. I now hate Bronn. And hope he gets killed and eaten.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#10 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 May 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

I already told you guys...Bronn is going to get iced...and it will be with a whisper. Not at all what you are expecting.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users