Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadowthrone and Cotillion vs. Laseen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jingospice 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

I was just wondering, why do you think Shadowthrone and Cotillion hated Laseen so much? From what I understand she played right into their hands, and they would not have been able to ascend had it not been for her attempted coup. Until I read Night of Knives I thought that she was in on the whole plan. It just doesnt seem to make sense that they would hold a grudge against the person who helped in their ascension.

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

Betrayal is still betrayal.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

I dunno. If a mugger shot you in the gut a few times and that's how the doctors discovered your stomach cancer, what kind of parade would you throw him?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   iRFNA 

• Lieutenant

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:40 AM

Perhaps she went off script and really tried to finish them off. That otataral dust surely wasn't pleasant for shadowthrone or cotillion, and would they have "respawned as ghosts" if killed within its effect?

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

Outside of GotM do we ever witness ST or Cots showing any enmity towards Laseen? It was my impression that they had been coming and going and staying away from the empire for years at a time before their assassination and ascension. They were moving on, somebody had to take over the empire.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users