Malazan Empire: I finally get what Erikson was getting at with Icarium - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I finally get what Erikson was getting at with Icarium Spoilers, and not just of Malazan Series... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Magus Rune 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

It took a blog post on a completely unrelated subject (http://io9.com/#!578...-ending-of-lost ) to put it in perspective for me.

Icarium, and the folks that are already dead traveling with him through the desert.

I think all Erikson was just trying to tell us how bad he thought series finale to Lost really was. ;)

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

Well, considering how many holes he left in his own ending I doubt Erikson is running around pointing fingers.

Then again I haven't seen the last season of Lost.

#3 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

I liked reading that post, thanks for putting it up here. I agree with what he said. I would have preferred seeing what the man in black would have done if he had escaped. It wouldn't have been too hard for them to show it, seem as they had a lot of kooky stuff going on anyway. I see that this is what SE has done in his series, he didn't close all plots but he didn't need to, he gave us closure which is great but also left us wondering about certain things and looking forward to future books. All in all it was a refreshing read this morning from a different point of view ;)
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

My other half said this...

I like the way that the title ‘Lost’ means different things throughout the series’. At the beginning you think it is because they are lost on an island somewhere, then when you learn about their past it is about how all the are characters are lost, and when Jack gets home to LA he is ‘lost’ and he wants to get back and then they are lost in time, and then they are lost spiritually, between Living and moving on
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#5 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

View PostTattersail, on 08 April 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

My other half said this...
I like the way that the title 'Lost' means different things throughout the series'. At the beginning you think it is because they are lost on an island somewhere, then when you learn about their past it is about how all the are characters are lost, and when Jack gets home to LA he is 'lost' and he wants to get back and then they are lost in time, and then they are lost spiritually, between Living and moving on you realise that the title really meant the writers were lost for how to finish the show satisfactorily, had literally lost the plot, so we got a bullshit ending.

No offense intended. Your other half is right, and so am I (he says pretentiously with the firm conviction that the ending was bullshit).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users