• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Betrayal Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

I have been thinking about the betrayal that is supposed to happen. I dont know if this counts as a betrayal, but it does seem like Sinter, Kisswhere and Masan Galani's "help" might be very counterproductive. Bringing the Kundryl burned tears to the battle seemed to have very little upside , as it really only caused their seemingly destruction, and Masan seems to have found the wrong group of TI. Maybe I am wrong but I assume she was sent to find Tool, or other TI loyal to the Malazan empire. I somehow dont think she was sent to find the unbound, but maybe I am wrong. Just some thoughts.

This post has been edited by foolio: 14 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#2 User is offline   King-of-Chains 

• King of High House Tragedy
  • I write, I read, I see...chamois

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

No, I suspect she was sent to find those Unbound. She even comments that she was supposed to find more, as in all 7. Makes me wonder about Tavore really. Her whole goal to unchain the Crippled God sounds very noble, however...there's usually a reason as to why things get chained. Like that Ortataral Dragon in the Imperial Warren. Which, for the umpteenth time I wonder, "Wtf is she doing?!" I need to get TCG asap.
Here is a series that will for ever inspire me. Not only as a writer, but as a person. Mr. Erikson has shown us both sides to the human condition. He has shown even the lost, the destitute, the forgotten and unwitnessed can triumph.

#3 User is offline   Jingospice 

• Corporal

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

I agree on both parts. I think that Sinter's method of dealing with the impending betrayal probably planted seeds of doubt in the Perish. I also thought that Masan was supposed to find Tool's Tlan Imass not the unbound. He also receives the signal that she sent out, but was farther away from here than the unbound were. The unbound work for the Crippled god if im not mistaken, so it does not make sense for Tavore to ally herself with them. I thought they were planning on slaying the crippled god, if t says somewhere in the book that they were only unchaining him then I missed it.

#4 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

View PostJingospice, on 14 March 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

I agree on both parts. I think that Sinter's method of dealing with the impending betrayal probably planted seeds of doubt in the Perish. I also thought that Masan was supposed to find Tool's Tlan Imass not the unbound. He also receives the signal that she sent out, but was farther away from here than the unbound were. The unbound work for the Crippled god if im not mistaken, so it does not make sense for Tavore to ally herself with them. I thought they were planning on slaying the crippled god, if t says somewhere in the book that they were only unchaining him then I missed it.

i believe it is during masan, sinter and kisswhere's pow-wow where masan tells them that she thinks they are going after the crippled gods chains.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#5 User is offline   King-of-Chains 

• King of High House Tragedy
  • I write, I read, I see...chamois

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:00 AM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 14 March 2011 - 08:11 PM, said:

View PostJingospice, on 14 March 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

i believe it is during masan, sinter and kisswhere's pow-wow where masan tells them that she thinks they are going after the crippled gods chains.

Before even that. When Tavore meets with her commanders and Quick Ben before a meeting with Tehol early in the book she implies it and someone confims it.
Here is a series that will for ever inspire me. Not only as a writer, but as a person. Mr. Erikson has shown us both sides to the human condition. He has shown even the lost, the destitute, the forgotten and unwitnessed can triumph.

#6 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

I just read the Dal Hon powwow scene and can confirm that Masan (speaking for many Bonehunters) implies they are marching to free the Crippled God, not kill him. They send her to Tavore to convince the Adjunct she's not alone in undetaking the challenge.

Also: they think they will add cover stories to imply Masan Gilani wasn't a real deserter, and that no one will be surprised if Kisswhere splits. What I want to know if how many soldiers would mutiny and desert THEMSELVES knowing the two hottest babes the army has to offer, possibly barring Yil, have up and split in the night. Nothing left but Rumjugs for all...
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users