Malazan Empire: Malazan World Map - Ultimate Edition - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan World Map - Ultimate Edition Updated with Crippled God/Stonewielder info Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:10 AM

View PostWerthead, on 12 April 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

That's an interesting possibility. It would indicate that Genabackis is either way more southern than what has previously been considered or it's a hell of a lot bigger in scale.

I've not really paid much attention to the comparative scales of maps but I've always thought of Genabackis as very large- at least the size of the whole 7 Cities/Perish etc landmass, and certainly having Northern Genabackis that we see in books 1 and 3 bigger than the size of the Seven Cities subcontinent, which is what you've roughly got ATM. I know there's a scale bar on the maps that says different but it seems almost token. Because taking that the distance the armies cover in MoI is maybe what, half of the Chain of Dogs? And given the comparative conditions, terrains and the time each seemed to take, that doesn't seem right.

Didn't SE also once say that you had it too small? Or did he say the opposite? I know someone brought some feedback about the size of that continent at some point. Plus if it does get bigger, that means you shunt the whole Cabal Archipelago eastwards, which eases up the problem of the gap between it and 7C you mention.
Like I say, I could be entirely wrong, I pay as much heed to accurate scales as I do to the timeline.

Would it be feasible to move the whole of Kolanse/Lether West? That gives you space to move everything in the Seven-cities/Quon Tali/Jackuruku etc area south, helping the desert problem and giving you space to size Genabackis up if you need to.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users