Malazan Empire: Which is first in the series, crippled god or stonewielder? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which is first in the series, crippled god or stonewielder? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TeddyGraham 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which one I should read first for the chronological order?
sometimes I wonder if the gift of revelation, of discovering the means underlying humanity, offers nothing more then the devastating sense of futility, it is the ignorant who find cause and cling to it, for within that lies the illusion of significance-steven erikson.

#2 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostTeddyGraham, on 05 March 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which one I should read first for the chronological order?

Stonewielder, I think, though it's tricky to tell. But certainly some events in TCG should have been noticed in SW and weren't, whilst vice versa is not the case.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#3 User is offline   TheSword 

• Sword Bodyguard
  • Interests:Malazan. Of course. Other Fantasies. Some Anime. Manga. Writing my own Novel.
  • Hulloo! I'm a Malazan mastermind of the series. I've read ALL of the novels except Crippled God and Esslemont's upcomming Stonewielder in US.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

View PostWerthead, on 05 March 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

Stonewielder, I think, though it's tricky to tell. But certainly some events in TCG should have been noticed in SW and weren't, whilst vice versa is not the case.

well in my opinion let's think.

Return of the Crimson Guard came about during-after The Bonehunters and part of Reapers' Gale.

Stonewielder couldnt have happened that far after Crimson Guard so I'd say During Dust of Dreams and through Crippled God.
Like Memories of Ice and Deadhouse gates happened at the same time. In two different places.
We can think that Since Stonewielder happens in the Empire and The Crippled God in Lether. They may happen through the same time period just about.
Stonewielder could be a direct sequel to Crimson Guard to it may happen during Toll the Hounds. It WAS made ages ago but took ages to be put out into public or so I hear through the Grape Vine.
In my Opinion of course.

"It's Noto Boil." - Noto Boil
"Coulda fooled me." - Ganoes Paran.

#4 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:53 AM

View PostTheSword, on 05 March 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

Return of the Crimson Guard came about during-after The Bonehunters and part of Reapers' Gale.

Stonewielder couldnt have happened that far after Crimson Guard so I'd say During Dust of Dreams and through Crippled God.
Like Memories of Ice and Deadhouse gates happened at the same time. In two different places.
We can think that Since Stonewielder happens in the Empire and The Crippled God in Lether. They may happen through the same time period just about.
Stonewielder could be a direct sequel to Crimson Guard to it may happen during Toll the Hounds. It WAS made ages ago but took ages to be put out into public or so I hear through the Grape Vine.
In my Opinion of course.

Answered my question as well. Speaking of which, i need to get this fucking re-read project done. Got TCG sitting on my coffee table (well, under it anyways) just begging for a read, yet still stuck on TTH. Not due to slogging through it or anything of that nature, more of a nearly month-long excursion into the realm of Mass Effect 2 since i got it for my PS3. Crack that is! Well, now i pay the price, eh?

Gonna have to torture myself further and wait til i get SW as well. Goddamnit! :rofl:

#5 User is offline   TheSword 

• Sword Bodyguard
  • Interests:Malazan. Of course. Other Fantasies. Some Anime. Manga. Writing my own Novel.
  • Hulloo! I'm a Malazan mastermind of the series. I've read ALL of the novels except Crippled God and Esslemont's upcomming Stonewielder in US.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

View PostThe Seguleh 46th, on 06 March 2011 - 05:53 AM, said:

View PostTheSword, on 05 March 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

In my Opinion of course.

Answered my question as well. Speaking of which, i need to get this fucking re-read project done. Got TCG sitting on my coffee table (well, under it anyways) just begging for a read, yet still stuck on TTH. Not due to slogging through it or anything of that nature, more of a nearly month-long excursion into the realm of Mass Effect 2 since i got it for my PS3. Crack that is! Well, now i pay the price, eh?

Gonna have to torture myself further and wait til i get SW as well. Goddamnit! :rofl:

Hahah! TTH was a good read! Cheers.

#6 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

I just finished reading TtH for the 2nd time, after re
-reading BH, RTCG and RG. Only took me about 6 weeks.
I've already read SW, it's what started the whole epic re-read in the first place.
So finish DoD, then I'm on to the CG. Can't wait. I haven't bought it yet, too tempting!!

SW is a good story I think.

This post has been edited by Solidsnape: 27 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users