Malazan Empire: Weird - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weird Just finished Towers of Midnight and....

#1 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

I have always really liked the old tongue runes on Mat's Ashanderi...and not to spoil but you get a very heavy refresher course on them at the end of this book. So I end the book and hours later pick up another book I bought a while ago and started to read it. It is non fiction, and called "From Eternity to Here, The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time", by Sean Carroll.

On the second page of the book is this :
"The most mysterious thing about time is that it has a direction: the past is different from the future. That's the arrow of time-"(italics not mine) and so on and so forth. The first several chapter deal with the arrow of time and seems like he will use this phrase throughout the book. I am probably going to sit this book down for a little while since I just got The Crippled God in the mail 10 minutes ago. I thought this was a twilight zone type of coincidence and just wanted to share with you fine folks...
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#2 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

It's a pretty common phrase to describe the linear experience of time, IME.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#3 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

yeah, I just thought it was weird to read within minutes of ending the Towers of Midnight.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users