Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fiddlers Tune What music do you relate to fiddlers tune

#1 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

For me it's 'Promentory' from last of the Mohicans. It was in my mind for the entire scene at the end of the book
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#2 User is offline   HedgeWalker 

• Topiary Tottering
  • Interests:The complex relationship between underwear volume and personality disposition.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostMulch, on 23 February 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

For me it's 'Promentory' from last of the Mohicans. It was in my mind for the entire scene at the end of the book

Bach, Sonata No1....innit...

Good question though, the name Fiddler and red hair always had me thinking he was a Celtic/Irish type, and as such would play a trad Irish fiddle...However, when it came down to it, in my mind he was playing a haunting adagio in the style of a classical genius...

Aren't brains brilliant!

#3 User is offline   Hoods Breath 

• Corporal
  • "Um... It's a Mr. Death. He's here about 'the reaping'...."

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

I'd have to go back and check the page number, but I'm reasonably certain he was playing to the tune of Nightranger's "Sister Christian".
"The truth is that the goal of existence is to kill you" - Ansty, ret. Sergeant, Bridgeburners

#4 User is offline   fluteboy 

• Piper of High House Uilleann
  • Interests:Irish trad music, reading, writing, cooking, normal human stuff, Malazan Book of the Fallen;)

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

Being as I have always imagined the Falari as Scottish/Irish analogues as well (in my head, Fiddler always has an irish accent), and being as I am a traditional irish musician myself, I definitely hear his tune as being something like an Irish air. Very haunting. I may have to write it!

#5 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

It's probably 'Greensleeves' Posted Image
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#6 User is offline   Hallow 

• Recruit

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thats what I imagined anyway :)

#7 User is offline   Fodder 

• Recruit

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

View PostHallow, on 04 March 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Good flick and good music. I can see the gang listening to Fiddler play while they cut scenes to watching Kalam's trek through the city battling the Claw and down to the docks where the battle ensues there during that musical piece.

#8 User is offline   Hallow 

• Recruit

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

View PostFodder, on 04 March 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

View PostHallow, on 04 March 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Good flick and good music. I can see the gang listening to Fiddler play while they cut scenes to watching Kalam's trek through the city battling the Claw and down to the docks where the battle ensues there during that musical piece.

When you think about it, that entire chapter is essentially a perfect Movie/TV Series ending montage.

#9 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

View Postfluteboy, on 24 February 2011 - 01:48 AM, said:

Being as I have always imagined the Falari as Scottish/Irish analogues as well (in my head, Fiddler always has an irish accent), and being as I am a traditional irish musician myself, I definitely hear his tune as being something like an Irish air. Very haunting. I may have to write it!

yeah I agree with you here, I picture Fid as being A wee Irish Scallywag at the best of times. I imagined it as a haunting irish air myself.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users