• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

grey and windswept

#1 User is offline   coldcomfort 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hi my first post.
Its grey and windswept outside.Bitterly cold.The rain is turning to sleet.It feels like a typical Erikson landscape.
Yes,I confess I was a lurker too.I am not by nature a joiner,but I thought it might be more fun to take part.Just finishing DoD for the second time.
How much more rewarding it is.Unlike the first time round,I can read it slowly,I don't have to rush to "find out what happens",and the journey is so much richer.
The first itme I read these novels,it was like reading in the dark,I could only make out the high contrast elements.Now I think I cna see much more that is subtle.
I wonder if many of the series readers have the ability to read through even when things are not clear.Science fiction is sometimes lke that-you have to read on through until its understood,like learning a new language.
It is I think,without wanting to appear elitist,an ability not all readers have.Some people can only cope when its all mapped out in stark relief.Personally,I enjoy the uncertainty.
DoD-what a story-getting to the climax now.Have to wait a few days then for my copy of TCG (postie please be quick).
Glad to be here.

#2 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Welcome to the boards! I agree with your insights.

You will love it here.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users