Malazan Empire: Kruppe, Caldan Brood and Mallick Rel - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kruppe, Caldan Brood and Mallick Rel Thoughts on this Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

The world is about to end, or how I see it, If Tavore doesn't succeed then life on Wu as we know it will cease to exist. Comments about Magic being life and that if Magic is destroyed then life will be destroyed as well. Kruppe being one of the world most intelligent beings and powerful imo should know what is going on in Kolanse, or he must have some idea. Caladan Brood also must have an inclination on what is happening and how it is affecting Burn. Also Mallick Rel the Malazan Emperor must also know about the coming conflagoration as he has seen to the pieces of the Crippled God in Fist, Korel etc.

Then surely they must have something to do with the final book?? Don't you think it would be a bit weird if they weren't involved? Maybe not so much Mallick Rel but definately the other two??

Thoughts please..
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2 User is offline   chaosek 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Spoilers refer to the excerpt of the CG and/or stonewielder:

Well Kruppe and K'rul have their representatives in place so to say (it's in the first 10 pages of tGC). Brood is in Daristan (not how you spell it, but I always forget) at time Dragnipur is broken and from that we can conclude he's still there near the end of DoD. However from the first 10 pages of tGC we learn that
Spoiler

Agree that Rel won't be involved as he's no longer buddies with Mael and
Spoiler

What puzzles me is that it is generally assumed that if major players don't appear in tCG they will play a role in the Daristan book of ICE dealing with the Tyrrant. But what about said Tyrrant is so badass that you would miss the convergence of the century (or so we anticipate)?

#3 User is offline   TheSword 

• Sword Bodyguard
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan. Of course. Other Fantasies. Some Anime. Manga. Writing my own Novel.
  • Hulloo! I'm a Malazan mastermind of the series. I've read ALL of the novels except Crippled God and Esslemont's upcomming Stonewielder in US.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:25 AM

View PostTattersail, on 09 February 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

The world is about to end, or how I see it, If Tavore doesn't succeed then life on Wu as we know it will cease to exist. Comments about Magic being life and that if Magic is destroyed then life will be destroyed as well. Kruppe being one of the world most intelligent beings and powerful imo should know what is going on in Kolanse, or he must have some idea. Caladan Brood also must have an inclination on what is happening and how it is affecting Burn. Also Mallick Rel the Malazan Emperor must also know about the coming conflagoration as he has seen to the pieces of the Crippled God in Fist, Korel etc.

Then surely they must have something to do with the final book?? Don't you think it would be a bit weird if they weren't involved? Maybe not so much Mallick Rel but definately the other two??

Thoughts please..

Brood's DEFINITLY i think most definitly going to be in Esslemont's Throne and Orb novel, (continues Darujhistan storyline) he doesnt like straying from his wittle home. He's too busy crying over his dead buddy.
Mallick's busy getting fat on his malazan throne to bother with Kolanse, it's on the other side of the world and he cant even keep Quon in check, why bother?

MODGOD NOTICE OF TCG SPOILERS DELETED. THIS IS THE DOD FORUM.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 30 March 2011 - 05:24 AM
Reason for edit: TCG SPOILERS DELETED

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users