Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Entity in Shadow Warren Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DagOban 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

Just who is the "Entity" that the Tiste Liosan fought in the Shadow Warren (well the chaos breach actually) ? It can't be Tayschren ... I feel like I missed something ... Don't hurt me.

#2 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Yath... The mad chaos mage that got sucked into the whorl in RotCG with Tays

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

He's the 7C chaos mage that Tayschren was facing down at the end of RCG. They both got sucked into the chaos rent.

As for the scary ascendant creature that broke out of the shadow crystal prison. That guy is new. We haven't seen someone of his kind yet. Who ever or what ever he is.

#4 User is offline   Captain Beardface 

• Mason of Serc
  • Interests:Rugby, Darts, Quality Beer, Heavy Metal... Hard Rock in general

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

Wasn't he one of the mages that escaped from the Otataral Isle prison in RotCG

This post has been edited by MuttonChops: 08 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

Monsignor:...Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Connor: [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.
Murphy: Aye.

Boondock Saints

#5 User is offline   Aooga 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

View PostRoger Ramjet, on 08 February 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

As for the scary ascendant creature that broke out of the shadow crystal prison. That guy is new. We haven't seen someone of his kind yet. Who ever or what ever he is.

For the life of me I can't recall that part. Can describe that part please or point me to the chapter/page?

#6 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:24 AM

I don't have the exact page number (since my brother ran off with my book), but my pdf version has it listed as p. 314 out of 503, and continues for a bit (if that helps). Here's most of the relevant stuff anyway:

Ahead, the priest Warran suddenly stopped. He knelt to examine some long black shards lying on the scoured granite. Kiska and Jheval came abreast of him and halted as well. Jheval stooped to pick up a piece but the priest batted his hand aside. ‘Do not touch it.’ Jheval glared at the man’s hunched back. The priest held his hands over the shards as if sensing or testing for a time; then he gently lifted one of the longer shards and examined it closely.
To all appearances it might as well have been black glass. Kiska thought that if you were to reconstruct the pieces they would form a crystal-like length of about an arm’s span.
The priest let the shard fall. ‘This is very bad.’
Jheval snorted, straightening. Kiska asked, ‘What is it?’
‘A kind of prison. Very ancient. Perhaps from before the shattering of this Realm. It was forged to
contain something for all eternity. But Chaos has eaten at it, weakened it, and the entity contained within has burst free.’
Some time later all three suddenly stopped. Even the two ravens, exploring forward, came wheeling back squawking their alarm before flying off into the distance.
A figure stood ahead, midnight black from its rounded half-formed head to its feet. Sensing them, it turned. It held something in one hand close to its face, studying it. A tiny, frantic, flapping thing.
Oh, damn. As Warran said: this is bad. Kiska felt her insides tighten at the aura she sensed surrounding the thing. Intensity. Incredible potential.What use staff or morningstars against this foe? It would laugh at such toys.
The disturbingly blank moulded head edged down to regard the short priest. Ripples crossed the night-black visage and Kiska was unnerved to see a mouth appear and eyes blink open. ‘This construct is yours?’ The words sounded unlike any language Kiska knew, but she understood them just the same.

Warran then traps it inside a jewel, probably explaining Kalam's diamonds filled with azalan demons in HoC.

This post has been edited by MTS: 09 February 2011 - 07:26 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

View PostMTS, on 09 February 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

Warran then traps it inside a jewel, probably explaining Kalam's diamonds filled with azalan demons in HoC.

I believe we earlier see Shadowthrone pawning one of the slivers of crystal and that is what he uses to re-imprison the being. I don't think you can trap it as easily as a Azalan demon and that explains how easily ST manages to subdue the creature.

#8 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostRoger Ramjet, on 09 February 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostMTS, on 09 February 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

I believe we earlier see Shadowthrone pawning one of the slivers of crystal and that is what he uses to re-imprison the being. I don't think you can trap it as easily as a Azalan demon and that explains how easily ST manages to subdue the creature.

Yeah, he takes a piece of the shard and imprisons the creature within that. I was just pointing out that the azalans Kalam receives in HoC are also housed in jewels and thus they might be imprisoned in similar constructs.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#9 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

When i read the description of this entity, it reminded me of the description of the black construct in the shadow realm. I know ICE has described it in Night of Knives, and I'm pretty sure SE has described it in passing as well. But if i remember correctly, it was described a a black crystaline structure which radiated cold and appeared to have pierced the realm like a knife (or a splinter). I'll see if i can dig up the actual passages from the books.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#10 User is offline   DagOban 

• Recruit

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Thanks everyone for clearing that out !

:thumbup:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic