Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I think he is trolling us.

This post has been edited by Roger Ramjet: 06 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

#2 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

The saddest part, I think, is that he actually thinks he has an intelligent argument. He has actually deluded himself, this is more common than one would hope for, into thinking that he knows more, that he has outsmarted the worlds most renowned experts. People who actually knows what they're talking about.

That's just sad. But I suspect you're right, he might just be trolling us
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#3 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

I spent the entirety of the 3 mins those two make up going, 'Yes there is!'. And I'm not even a science person and I know there are detailed explanations.

BAH
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#4 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

I don't listen to Bill O, largely for this reason. But, as Jon Stewart pointed out - he's no longer the conservative Anti-Christ we thought he was. He's completely reasonable by comparison to some of the rest of the network.

He's religious, ok. He's a cocky, self-important bastard. But he's not a moron.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 User is offline   No-God 

• Fist

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:53 AM

I would very much like to mail him a copy of every single facepalm jpeg in existence for those comments. He's either one of the greatest trolls in history, or just being on Fox has turned his brain into grey mush.

#6 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:55 AM

View PostCyphon88, on 06 February 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

I spent the entirety of the 3 mins those two make up going, 'Yes there is!'. And I'm not even a science person and I know there are detailed explanations.

BAH

This.

#7 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 06 February 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

I don't listen to Bill O, largely for this reason. But, as Jon Stewart pointed out - he's no longer the conservative Anti-Christ we thought he was. He's completely reasonable by comparison to some of the rest of the network.

but he IS either incredibly stupid or willfully ignorant (which is the worst kind of ignorant)
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#8 User is offline   ThinkingMalaz 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

View PostCyphon88, on 06 February 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

BAH

This is exactly how I felt lol

#9 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

I have trouble thinking he genuinely believes that about the tides and the sun. I think he's just playing to a hardcore Christian demographic.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#10 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

View PostMTS, on 07 February 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

I have trouble thinking he genuinely believes that about the tides and the sun. I think he's just playing to a hardcore Christian demographic.

But how did that hardcore Christian demographic GET THERE? Huh? Tell me that! You pinheads can't.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 06 February 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

Steward was talking about O'reilly on Letterman a couple of days ago. They both agreed that he was probably the best the network had to offer, but that was like being the thinnest kid at fat-camp.

#12 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

View PostShinrei, on 07 February 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

View PostMTS, on 07 February 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

But how did that hardcore Christian demographic GET THERE? Huh? Tell me that! You pinheads can't.

Oh no. You've irrevocably undone my world view. HOW DID THE CHRISTIAN DEMOGRAPHIC GET THERE!?! Shinrei do you have a syndicated talkshow I can watch?
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#13 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

Shame on you all.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

What? Don't tell me you are a fan of O'reilly, Bent?

Did you forget to wear your tinfoil hat again?

#15 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

No. But I am a christian. A believer in the things that those 2 videos said. One who is a bit bothered that this thread isnt in the religion forum where i could have ignored it, like I do the other religious topics. A bit redundant that.

Personally I dont think O'reilly is a good ambassador of the christian movement (as I dont think God much approves of politics in general) but in regaurds as to what he was saying, I do agree with him.

#16 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

I know, how ridiculous to think that someone as seemingly intelligent as me, could possibly believe that we arent all here because of a cosmic accident that over millions of years just kind of worked out, Whew, we sure are lucky that it happened that way!

Or that I could feasibly imagine that a force that could create (and hold together) every cell in our bodies could possibly think to place a moon that had a perfect gravitational pull that didnt affect much more that the oceans, in space at the exact distance it was needed to keep from pulling us with it. That last statement was a little leap as I wasnt very good at science.

I say that jokingly, of course, however, I happen to be "either incredibly stupid or willfully ignorant (which is the worst kind of ignorant" as Primeatus so elequently put it. Im taking a lunch break in a few minutes, and then I am going to make a thread in the religious forum so I dont hijack this thread, I'd love to here everyones thoughts that have posted already when I finish it, and no I am not bitter or hurt or mad or anything. I think its just time that I share a bit about Chris Watson. Thats me by the way. see you in a few.

#17 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

View PostBent, on 07 February 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

No. But I am a christian. A believer in the things that those 2 videos said. One who is a bit bothered that this thread isnt in the religion forum where i could have ignored it, like I do the other religious topics. A bit redundant that.

Personally I dont think O'reilly is a good ambassador of the christian movement (as I dont think God much approves of politics in general) but in regaurds as to what he was saying, I do agree with him.

You agree that it's not possible to prove and/or explain how the solar system we live in (let's not mention the universe just yet) came to be here and why it's not possible for life to exist on the other planets, despite the fact that it actually can and has been explained? Or you agree with his general points even if the examples he chooses to use are a tad absurd...?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#18 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

I believe that it has and can be explained. I say God, you say science. We disagree in the methods of proof ( although I could use science's argument against itself), but again, I'll make a thread to discuss this in the religion forum, carry on with bashing O'reilly.

#19 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I look away for one minute! Just one minute! And then - POOFF! The Inn goes all serious like on me! Fuckers, the lot of you!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#20 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

IMO:

Attached File  blah.jpg (46.34K)
Number of downloads: 5

And no one in the world, at this point in time, can say if it will end above or below the axis.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 07 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users