Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A role-play about the gardens of the moon? just something I'm dreaming about

#1 User is offline   _Rallick Nom_ 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hi, i'm an Italian boy and i read this book some months ago. I think it's fantastic, maybe the better book that i've ever read! I love the Steven Erikson way of writing and his charachters, how the magic system is made, the Gods..... all the book!

I was thinkin that would be fantastic to create a role-play (like for example dungeons and dragons) set in the world of Steven Erikson: just think about how many races, how many weapons, how many charachters and all the rest... Has anyone even tried to do something like that? Don't you think it will be great?
Imagine, for example, seven players playing as the Bridgeburners and doing in a board game all the missions that they have done, or others that they could do! :)

I know that create a nice role-play is something very hard, but however i wanted to say you what i think :)

Thank you for reading and sorry if my English isn't so good... Posted Image

Fabio

#2 User is offline   Roldom 

• Great Wizzard of High House Naughtiness

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

theres a few threads about a malazan game, i think ones in progress as we speak. silencers the best one to talk to about it, but i think hes a bit busy right now,

if you feel up for the challenge, feel free to create a game. im sure lots of people here would be happy to join you with it
I did not like the catfish... - Karsa Orlong

The best detox is retox - drunken co-worker

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Tried it? Oh dude, it used to be it. Malazan started off as a roleplaying setting in the GURPS system, played by Erikson, Esslemont and a few of their friends, and most of the characters were either created or played by them beforehand. A lot of people are hoping they'll release rules for it after the main series is done.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   _Rallick Nom_ 

• Recruit

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostRoldom, on 05 February 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

theres a few threads about a malazan game, i think ones in progress as we speak. silencers the best one to talk to about it, but i think hes a bit busy right now,

if you feel up for the challenge, feel free to create a game. im sure lots of people here would be happy to join you with it

can you show me those threads please? Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Adhara 

• Lady of Black Magic
  • Returning to my origins

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

I wonder who played Anomander Rake!
When the arrow is on the bow, it has to go

#6 User is offline   Loom X 

• Recruit

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

I read an interview with Steven Erikson, in which he stated that GotM and TCG were the two books that were based on a gaming session. I'm still not sure if DoD was a session or not, but he says in it that DoD was the first of a two volume novel to end with TCG.

I digress, a friend and i were talking about what system we thought MBotF might have been built with. I am not familiar with GURPS, so it may very well be. However, we felt that there were elements of Mage for the Warrens.

I would love to see a roleplaying game based on the series. The amount of time encompassed in the series. So much would be possible!

#7 User is offline   Shadow of Shadowthrone 

• Sergeant
  • What Bugg said.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

I've been writing on and off on a system for The Malazan Book of the Fallen for a while. Upon seeing this thread I delved deep into my Documents folder and unearthed it. And now I'm a-tinkering again Posted Image

Basically, I am taking the best bits from the RPGs I personally find to be the best suited for the brutal yet astonishingly epic world of Malaz (or Wu or whatever the "official" setting name is/should be), and trying to cobble it together into something approaching coherence.

The disposition is done; I know what I want to have in the PDF. There's the basic RPG stuff (character creation, combat and sorcery rules..), a chapter on the setting (geography, very brief history, cultures), a bit on how to make the game feel true to the saga... I've worked out the gist of how characters should work, but there is a hell of a lot of stuff going on in this series and getting it all into a playable game will take years. Definitely with my attention span.

Have other people here abouts done something similar? Perhaps someone would like to collaborate?
Visit my blog of geekery, Stormsongs: slynt.blogspot.com

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Sometimes I get totally nude, paint myself green, and roll around in a bed of ice cubes, but that's about it for my Malazan role-playing.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   Mrs Savagely Wishy Washy 

• unaligned and irremediable
  • Interests:vested.
  • Ugly is the new pretty.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

I am all for role playing but for me, this series is sacrosanct. I wouldn't want to go near it with a dice. Or a character sheet. My great fear is it would mostly turn into a travesty and I can't bear the thought of it.
but are they worth preserving?
'that judgement does not belong to you.'

#10 User is offline   wade 

• more interesting African Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

My girlfriend is currently reading GoTM. I will interpret the title as I wish, and tell her my great idea.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users