• You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#641 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:11 AM

That's not really the next bonfire.

It's a kinda extra one. Next bonfire is near the church.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 19 March 2016 - 04:13 AM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#642 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:45 AM

Can't have shield up to backstab. There will be unparryable enemies soon.

You gotta get to under the bridge and up the ladder.

#643 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

Good going BK.

Ignore the dragon for now. If you bait it to kill the guys on the bridge, pop up the stairs again and shoot it.. once. It will land on the bridge. While it's flying down, run like hell for the bonfire. Then you can work through the church.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#644 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:03 PM

View PostBriar King, on 19 March 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Wtf??!!! The elevator to New Londo is stuck.. I went to retrieve my souls and I just ran and fell in an empty hole thanks to camera and the fact it's always there... That was a few K lost. Why is it stuck????!!!!

Just inside the gate there is a lever on the right, it will recall the lift.

A little tip is once you reach the bottom on the lift press the pressure plate to send it back up and dive through the door quickly. Saves time if you die.

And astoras sword is a great weapon early on for faith builds. I completed the catacombs on my faith built before I even did gargoyles thanks to that sword.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#645 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:19 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 19 March 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 19 March 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Wtf??!!! The elevator to New Londo is stuck.. I went to retrieve my souls and I just ran and fell in an empty hole thanks to camera and the fact it's always there... That was a few K lost. Why is it stuck????!!!!

Just inside the gate there is a lever on the right, it will recall the lift.

A little tip is once you reach the bottom on the lift press the pressure plate to send it back up and dive through the door quickly. Saves time if you die.

And astoras sword is a great weapon early on for faith builds. I completed the catacombs on my faith built before I even did gargoyles thanks to that sword.

Does Astoras sword keep the skeletons dead? I've reached Nito but forgot about the divine weapon thing. I've got him down to about half using the Furysword but the damned skellies keep respawning.

I've found this harder this time round as on a first playthrough you gather and keep way more souls than when you know the route and just run through. I'm trying to kill Nito on a way lower level than when I first beat him.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#646 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:23 AM

View PostBriar King, on 19 March 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

Ok seriously every dragon killing vid I see has to be bogus as hell. I'm doing the same thing and yet the dragon is moving different with me vs the neck hit dragon flys back to perch repeat shit I keep seeing. This fucker is kicking, spinning, blasting, and not going back to perch after hit in vids!! Those vids are complete bullshit.

Leave the firedrake alone for a while. Go do other things.

As for Nito and the other Big Bosses, remember that the age of Gwyn and fire has ground to a halt. Some strange stuff happened with the Undead Curse and you're one of thousands of possible Chosen Ones running through Lordran to try and unfuck everything.

#647 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:24 AM

Until you get a certain item. Then you're set on the path to the First Flame.

I might need to buff some weapons and stats before taking on the big four. I've got both gold and silver rings now so it shouldn't take long. I'd better find some demon titanite while I'm at it, and some sort of divine weapon I can actually use without boosting faith.

#648 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:48 AM

Traveller, yes astoras sword keeps skellies dead. Best think for small skellies is to use strong attacks to dismantle them, then hit another strong as they are rebuilding.

Bk,I echo traveller, leave the dragon be for now, if you need past him when you run up the stairs run to the opposite parapet and wait for him to jump down, once he does sprint towards the bonfire and then go right through the door. This will make him fly off.

So on my knight, beat queaalag first time, then died a dozen times to ceaseless as I screwed up my first attempt and then he kept aoeing me. Now he is dead and I now have the large flame ember to make my broadsword +6 fire.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#649 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:17 AM

Do you need the Orange Charred ring to get the large flame ember?

#650 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

I'm just going to stick this here. I really hope they return to this system for DS 3.

Attached File  upgrade-chart.jpg (128.72K)
Number of downloads: 0

#651 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 March 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

Damn how long is this fucker going to shoot flames in bonfire room before he flys off?

If you go through the door opposite the big gate he will rub off.

And traveller to get the large ember you need to beat ceaseless then go into start of demon ruins, kill the Taurus demon at the bottom of the stairs, then the 2 on the left and lastly run full pelt to the chest. You will get ambushed by 4 rock worms but you can roll through them. You need red titanite chunks to upgrade.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#652 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 March 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Yep he flew off finally so I'm now facing a large piggy as I type this

Heh. Oink.

Cheers DH; I'm not going for a fire build as I have the furysword, but I just remember getting that ember quite late on as I thought you needed the ring to reach it - and you don't get the ring until the centipede.

I'm going to turn my Halberd into a lightening Halberd, as the damage it does is seriously impressive. I looked at the Lifestealer Scythe, but it does bleed damage to the wielder, so maybe not. And I need a divine weapon (well it will make life easier) so I think I'll upgrade a claymore or bastard sword as they both have a C for dex, and they both do a massive amount of damage when upgraded.

#653 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostTraveller, on 20 March 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 20 March 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Yep he flew off finally so I'm now facing a large piggy as I type this

Heh. Oink.

Cheers DH; I'm not going for a fire build as I have the furysword, but I just remember getting that ember quite late on as I thought you needed the ring to reach it - and you don't get the ring until the centipede.

I'm going to turn my Halberd into a lightening Halberd, as the damage it does is seriously impressive. I looked at the Lifestealer Scythe, but it does bleed damage to the wielder, so maybe not. And I need a divine weapon (well it will make life easier) so I think I'll upgrade a claymore or bastard sword as they both have a C for dex, and they both do a massive amount of damage when upgraded.

I wouldn't bother making a divine weapon, the occult club you got just downgrade to define at andre. Voila free divine weapon lol.

Remember if you make a divine weapon you will lose str or dex scaling. As such make a long sword or something divine the heavy attack is a nice thrust that will drop a skelly easily. Oh and they are quick to attack with.

I'm mainly using elemental weapons as I have 16 str and 14 dex so not much for scaling at the moment. As for lifehunt Scythe, you can counter the bleed using a ring sold by the guy under gargoyle belltower and using the blood crest shield. Doesn't completely nullify the build up but greatly reduces it.

I think you are thinking of the chaos ember, you need the ring for that one.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#654 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 March 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Did I fuck up not lvl up in resistance yet? On lvl 36 and only put 1pt up so far. Damn rats poison me.

Don't put any points at all into resistance. You gain very very little benefit. It's more beneficial wearing decent armour.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#655 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 March 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Did I fuck up not lvl up in resistance yet? On lvl 36 and only put 1pt up so far. Damn rats poison me.

Spear them. Have the spear as an alternate weapon anytime there are rats.

#656 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 March 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Shit drake is back. I went back to Burg to farm and take out Gladiator and I just ran into wall of flame not thinking it'd be back so soon...

It is an easy 555 soul take though and I'm in the 9K to lvl up now so I ll take all the easy I can get

Once you open up the elevator to firelink from the church, you can bypass the dragon anytime. Nice job with Havel, now you can head into the gardens/basin area, but it's probably best to get the church cleared next.

I just beat Nito. Used a divine bastard sword to take out the skellies, used 6 fireblasts with the pyro, then switched to two handing the Furysword to finish up.

#657 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:25 AM

Move on. Find the blacksmith.

#658 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:26 AM

You're doing well, but it is time to go on.

#659 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostBriar King, on 21 March 2016 - 05:17 AM, said:

It's gonna be atleast a week before I start pushing. Iron Banner is starting on Destiny tues so I ll be taking a week off DS after tomorrow.

Hmm here's a que: should a Sor even bother with Faith just to meet min requirement for Astora and simple heal spell?

Depends what your current faith is. If you only need a couple more and you think you'll use more miracles then maybe yes. There are a couple of nice weapons later on that I've never been able to use as they've been way out of my faith range, and by then levelling up is so costly that putting souls into a stat just for a sword is even more crazy. And if you're a sorcerer build you could be getting more int or attunment slots.

And, the Moonlight sword you can get fairly soon is awesome for magic users - its a greatsword that scales with Int. Five more levels into Int instead of Faith might be better spent.

#660 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostTraveller, on 21 March 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 21 March 2016 - 05:17 AM, said:

It's gonna be atleast a week before I start pushing. Iron Banner is starting on Destiny tues so I ll be taking a week off DS after tomorrow.

Hmm here's a que: should a Sor even bother with Faith just to meet min requirement for Astora and simple heal spell?

Depends what your current faith is. If you only need a couple more and you think you'll use more miracles then maybe yes. There are a couple of nice weapons later on that I've never been able to use as they've been way out of my faith range, and by then levelling up is so costly that putting souls into a stat just for a sword is even more crazy. And if you're a sorcerer build you could be getting more int or attunment slots.

And, the Moonlight sword you can get fairly soon is awesome for magic users - its a greatsword that scales with Int. Five more levels into Int instead of Faith might be better spent.

As someone who mains a Faith Character, I would only do Fth or Int not both.

Faith characters are more defensive and the offensive spells require 30 faith to use them so not worth levelling just for Astora's sword.

As traveller said, you can get a greatsword later called the Moonlight Greatsword and it scales with Int and is a beast on a sorcerer as it gives you a chance to melee if needed.

There Is one exception to the rule about int and faith levelling together and that is if you are making a build around the Artoria Greatsword which requires (from memory) 25 in Str, Dex, Fth and Int. but if you have the stats it is the strongest weapon in the game.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

36 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users