Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Talamandas reminder please Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Zalexis 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Would somebody remind me where Talamandas the sticksnare came from? Can't quite remember his origin story.

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

The spirit bound by the Barghast, controlled by Bauchelain and Korbal Broach and then freed by Quick Ben in MOI.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 25 January 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

controlled by Bauchelain and Korbal Broach

He was?

As far as I recall he had escaped the tree and he had chosen to use Hoods Warren as his escape route. He'd become snared in some kind of trap or something. Quick Ben made a deal with Hood to let him go if he would serve. So for a time Talamandas became the Magi of the House of Death but he was also allowed to leave when the Panion business was over.

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

He was the little scurrying figure that warned Bauchy and KB of the undead Kell Hunters while they were with Gruntle, Hetan and co. Also he complains about the necromancers before Quick does his worms trick.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Tiny bit more detail...

Historically, the Barghast bound their ancestors souls into doll-like 'snares' and stuck them in burial mounds. They were doing it wrong and to their detriment because this cut them off from their ancestors, but that's an aside.

While wandering around Genabackis, Bauchelain and Korbal Broach came upon a burial mound, excavated it and enslaved the sticksnare soul, Talamandas.

Hood (who we find out is working with various other gods including the Barghast gods) later cuts Tala' free from Bauchelain and has him act as Hood's link to Quick Ben, allowing QB to access Hood's power directly and get around the CG's poisoning of the warrens. Supposedly Tala' was to be a link to the Barghast gods but Hood himself was actually providing the juice, as QB discovered.

Somewhere after the end of MoI and before DoD, Tala' is passed to Cafal. he may have still been with QB in TB or RG, as there are various comments in those books suggesting that QB still has a link to Hood, but iirc, we never actually see Tala'.

I may have a few details wrong there... someone will correct me if i do.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yup - what Illy said - followed by what RR said, in that order. He was freed by Quick Ben's use of the worms, QB discovered that Talamandas was using Hood's warren and made a deal with him for the reasons already pointed out.

Spoiler

"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#7 User is online   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

View PostHetan, on 25 January 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

Yup - what Illy said - followed by what RR said, in that order. He was freed by Quick Ben's use of the worms, QB discovered that Talamandas was using Hood's warren and made a deal with him for the reasons already pointed out.

Spoiler

Spoiler query

Spoiler

This post has been edited by champooon: 25 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users