Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Realm of Shadow Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AnomanderRake 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

Why are there so many prisoners ( especially dragons ) in the Realm of Shadow? I remember Panek telling Cotillion why in TBH and Cotillion walked away like he had been kicked in the fruits. Is the Realm of Shadow like a master key to all other realms? because everything casts a shadow? Can Otataral be wielded by a person that can use Stavald Demelain? I remember reading Spite wielding it to release Dejim Nebaral(sp?). Your thoughts guys.

#2 User is offline   Kalkin 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

I can't answer all of your questions, but the reason why there are so many prisoners is due to the lack of a steady ruler. Shadow is rather shrouded in mystery, and before the shattering of Emurhlan, they had numerous rulers, or, at the very least, monarchical contenders. Due to this conflict between powerful beings, whenever one successfully undermines another, they imprison them. Because beings have not been able to stay in power long enough, for whatever reason, they haven't garnered enough power and support to solidify their rule. We do not know the details for each ousting, but if I remember correctly, Edgewalker hints that shadow somehow rejects people or something. I don't remember the exact quote, but it seems like everybody that has vied for the throne of shadow has been ousted and imprisoned, by shadow or by the next occupier (save shadowthrone, but he controls a mere portion of it).

Anyways, I could be completely wrong...just how I understood it.
"I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?" - Douglas Adams

#3 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

After the shattering of Emurlahn, Rake and Kilmandaros united to eliminate all the contenders to the throne plus you have the "everything casts a shadow," including the Azath...

I would say Starveld Demelain is the master key to all the other warrens and after RG ST/Cots have access to it - even if ST promised he himself wouldn't use it - but with Shadow everywhere, you would imagine if they knew the right paths they could get everywhere...

As for Spite, it's the one and only time we've heard it mentioned but if there is an entire dragon made of otateral you would imagine anything is possible...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users