Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stonewielder Released? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kalkin 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

So I was looking at different threads that kept mentioning things about stonewielder and it seems like people have read it, but when I check on Barnes and Noble, it says it's not out until May 10. Sorry if this is stupid, but I'm trying to not read anything that has to do with stonewielder in case it is somehow out, and I'm just a confused little boy... :unworthy:

Thanks.
"I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?" - Douglas Adams

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:22 AM

View PostKalkin, on 21 January 2011 - 02:20 AM, said:

So I was looking at different threads that kept mentioning things about stonewielder and it seems like people have read it, but when I check on Barnes and Noble, it says it's not out until May 10. Sorry if this is stupid, but I'm trying to not read anything that has to do with stonewielder in case it is somehow out, and I'm just a confused little boy... :unworthy:

Thanks.

The US release date is not your friend. Come over the to UK/Canada side. We have cookies AND Stonewielder as of like a month ago.

- Abyss, ...Moohoo mwa ha haaaa...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Kalkin 

• Recruit

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

Oh thanks ^^

Is there by any chance a website that you know of that I could order it from?
"I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?" - Douglas Adams

#4 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

Closer to two months ago actually (November 25th). If you're not fussed on paying a smidge more for shipping, get it from Amazon.co.uk, or Amazon.ca (or wherever it is). You'll get it a lot earlier than May, that's for sure. Oh, and if you do that, remember to use the link to Amazon on the front page! By front page I mean malazanempire.com and not forum.malazanempire.com (which is the forum bit we're currently on). It took me quite a while to figure that out. :unworthy: Reason being the site gets a little cashola everytime someone orders something from Amazon through that link. Doesn't have to be Malazan stuff either - applies to everything.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#5 User is offline   Kalkin 

• Recruit

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

View PostMTS, on 21 January 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

Closer to two months ago actually (November 25th). If you're not fussed on paying a smidge more for shipping, get it from Amazon.co.uk, or Amazon.ca (or wherever it is). You'll get it a lot earlier than May, that's for sure. Oh, and if you do that, remember to use the link to Amazon on the front page! By front page I mean malazanempire.com and not forum.malazanempire.com (which is the forum bit we're currently on). It took me quite a while to figure that out. :) Reason being the site gets a little cashola everytime someone orders something from Amazon through that link. Doesn't have to be Malazan stuff either - applies to everything.

Thank you guys a lot :unworthy:

#6 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:48 AM

Amazon.ca was slightly cheaper than uk for me.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#7 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

Why didn't I realize that Canada could supply my fix for Stonewielder???

Just ordered 2 copies paperback (my friends are in awe of my international purchasing savvy, now!) Yes, I used link on Main Page.

They wanted $20 to expedite shipping, I'll take my chances. Just 8-16 days to go, enough time to finish re-re-reading RotCG

I'm getting sick of hastily dodging SW spoilers on the New Topics column, why can't that be filtered?

@Kalkin - DO NOT DELAY! 2 months of unnecessary ignorance, for naught.

Now, if only Minecraft servers didn't suck tonight...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#8 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 21 January 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

Why didn't I realize that Canada could supply my fix for Stonewielder???

They wanted $20 to expedite shipping, I'll take my chances. Just 8-16 days to go,

I just got my copy of Stonewielder off the truck, it's only lunchtime, and it's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day.
Amazon Canada is my new hero. :p 4 days later
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#9 User is offline   Punchy Pete 

• Assassin

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:22 AM

I have no idea why the publishers would do that. Why stagger release dates? it's a re-print anyway, since English spelling in the U.K., Canada and the U.S. are all different from each other(Canada keeps the "our" endings: labour versus labor like the British, but does not use an "s" in words like organization (vs. organisation); just some examples). Can't be a supply issue. Came across it with an e-book that was released in the U.S., but not Canada. WTF?? Do a global release and get on with life. Real fans will find a way to get it, and the money will then go to the foreign publisher (assuming it's a different company). Just ranting...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users