Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Printing Error? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Daydreamer 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

Could someone please confirm how many pages the UK paperback version of this should have (I think it's the mass market version since I bought it in Dec but it's the taller format)? Because mine cuts off at page 1238 (in the middle of a sentence very shortly after the start of chapter 24) and then repeats everything from SE's biography to page 48. Now, I know the authors note mentions it doesn't follow a traditional novel structure but this strikes me as a bit extreme. :unworthy: If the 1280 pages that I've seen is accurate then I seem to be missing quite a few. If so I guess I should count myself lucky I found out before actually reading it, I was just looking for a post-BH glossary to check something in when I noticed the weirdness.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

#2 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:43 AM

i don't have the paperback, but that sounds like you got a misprint there mate
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#3 User is offline   Daydreamer 

• Corporal

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

Well, a trip to my local bookshop confirmed that a serious printing error had consumed about 35 pages of my copy. They had one in stock complete with ending and were happy to exchange them for me. Unfortunately, when I got home and had a closer look, it turns out this second volume is missing everything up to page 49 and had the missing ending from the first one instead. :) The bookshop, of course, doesn't have another in stock. But they are ordering me one and I'm hoping for third time lucky on getting a version with all the content in the correct order. At least I have RG, TtH and RotCG to read first. :unworthy:

#4 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

wow... that's a bummer dude. sounds like the printing company needs some better quality control :s
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#5 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

View PostDaydreamer, on 20 January 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

Well, a trip to my local bookshop confirmed that a serious printing error had consumed about 35 pages of my copy. They had one in stock complete with ending and were happy to exchange them for me. Unfortunately, when I got home and had a closer look, it turns out this second volume is missing everything up to page 49 and had the missing ending from the first one instead. :unworthy: The bookshop, of course, doesn't have another in stock. But they are ordering me one and I'm hoping for third time lucky on getting a version with all the content in the correct order. At least I have RG, TtH and RotCG to read first. :)

This is one of the more baffling threads I've read. I'm glad they're sorting it for you, and enjoy RG, TtH and RotCG - that's a happy ending to a crazy tale if ever there was one.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#6 User is offline   Daydreamer 

• Corporal

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

Well, it isn't a happy ending yet. A third copy was identical to the second. :w00t: Waterstones is contacting the printers and I should hear something in a few days, apparently. Here's hoping this gets sorted before I run out of stuff to read!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users