Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Character List? Would it be bad if... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Would it be bad/impossible for a character list from an advance reader?

IE who shows up...doesn't even have to be in order...and maybe only in Points of view not in actual scenes.

Any tidbit will do for me.
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#2 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

I feel you, and was thinking the same thing. But then I also started thinking it might be too much like spoilers. Example, what if Caladan Brood has just an awesomely badass and impossible to see coming entrance in tCG? Seems to me that knowing in advance that he's going to show up would be a detriment to the potential magnitude of that scene on the first read.

I know it's iffy (and IMO chances are slim any advance reader here will post it) but if such a list was put up, I'd want it spoiler tagged. As much as I want to know any tidbit, I also want the ensuing mindblowing to be as total as it possibly can.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#3 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Ciceronian, on 13 January 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

I feel you, and was thinking the same thing. But then I also started thinking it might be too much like spoilers. Example, what if Caladan Brood has just an awesomely badass and impossible to see coming entrance in tCG? Seems to me that knowing in advance that he's going to show up would be a detriment to the potential magnitude of that scene on the first read.

I know it's iffy (and IMO chances are slim any advance reader here will post it) but if such a list was put up, I'd want it spoiler tagged. As much as I want to know any tidbit, I also want the ensuing mindblowing to be as total as it possibly can.

Agreed 100%
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#4 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Nice try. But come on, man. . . :p

SE himself asked that no spoilers be revealed in any review for TCG. Giving you guys the dramatis personae would be a MAJOR spoiler...

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#5 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

pat5150, on 13 January 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Giving you guys the dramatis personae would be a MAJOR spoiler...

Patrick

See, now that's enough of a tidbit for me. I'm probably going to spend 20 minutes staring at just those pages when I get my copy.

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#6 User is offline   Stingray 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

Giving you guys the dramatis personae would be a MAJOR spoiler...

Patrick

I'm sure I'm not the only one who usually giggles with excitement just from reading the dramatis personae?

#7 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

SE himself asked that no spoilers be revealed in any review for TCG. Giving you guys the dramatis personae would be a MAJOR spoiler...

Patrick

Ah well if even the reviewers can't spoil then I am SOL. It was a momentary lapse of reason and I will g out with that song on my mind and re-read dust of dreams again today.

Sincerely,
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#8 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Patrick

Amen! Im not even going to read dramatis personae whey I have my TCG copy, its such spoiler!
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#9 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Patrick

How is it a spoiler if it's listed before the story even starts?

Sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet.

#10 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

End of Disc One, on 13 January 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

Patrick

True story, although isn't there some precedent to SE holding back in the Dramatis Persona just to ensure a complete surprise factor - I know that at least in my edition of tBH, Ganoes Paran isn't listed there.

#11 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

Ciceronian, on 13 January 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

End of Disc One, on 13 January 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

Patrick

True story, although isn't there some precedent to SE holding back in the Dramatis Persona just to ensure a complete surprise factor - I know that at least in my edition of tBH, Ganoes Paran isn't listed there.

Yeah that's how it is for all of them...characters that show up in the second half usually aren't listed.

I guess there's the exception of RG though, where you get the whole army of Bonehunters.

#12 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

For me is classic dramatis personae too huge spoiler, so I skip it. Only when I cant remember some character, I use it...but no many times.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#13 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

I don't even want to know if the Crippled God is in this book. It's the very last book and I've been spoiled before (Rake's death), I'm not taking any chances.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users