• You cannot reply to this topic

WoT re-read Because I am good at stalking

#1 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

I have started a blog (using one I played with a while back as a base for my theories and never did much with) covering Brandon's last re-read of WoT in preparation for AMOL. I will be covering the highlights of his comments on Twitter that are relevant to the chapters at hand and I will also be cross-referencing and adding comments about things people might have missed, and the various theories that are floating around the fandom. It's totally non-official, and I'm sure Brandon still barely knows who I am (in case anyone thought otherwise from the various Tweets) and he probably thinks (in a vague sort of way) that I'm pretty crazy (which is true). Anyway, this is just me taking advantage of an excuse to do a re-read and pretend like people care what I have to say about it (because I do have at least one or two interesting observations to share, if I do say so myself). Here's the first post:

WOTRR recap: TEOTW Part I (Prologue - Chapter 5)

Would love to see some of you there. Also, I will be open to suggestions from the more or less casual fans like you guys. If there's anything I can do to make it more useful for you (like maybe short 'what happens' bits at the beginning of each chapter), then let me know.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#2 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

View PostTerez, on 09 January 2011 - 03:37 AM, said:

the more or less casual fans like you guys

Ooh, burn :p No, seriously, I am constantly awed (and a little worried) at the level of understanding and sheer memory-recall existing in the WoT community. I think by now it has to be on a par with the LotR-ers. A huge wealth of info in those books, and I've forgotten nearly all of it by now. Reading along with these tweets and comments is really fun, even if I don't have a clue what anyone's talking about :D

This post has been edited by Yellow: 09 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

Don't fuck with the Culture.

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Bookmarked.....and I even threw your site into the Blogroll over at Iceberg Ink. :D
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:35 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 January 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

Bookmarked.....and I even threw your site into the Blogroll over at Iceberg Ink. :D

Yay! I will probably keep my links list to WoT-centric stuff for now since that's what I know. Maybe in the future I will get around enough to recommend other stuff. Here's part 2:

TEOTW Part 2: Chapters 6-10

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users