Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Log-In Error

#1 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

I was trying to log in at work and kept on getting this error message... (Logged in at home now which keeps me logged in)

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10193] We encountered a problem processing your login request. Please try again.

Either got that or Auth_Key_Login Error... not sure if it's still happening though (don't want to log out and see)

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#2 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, I keep on getting that as of today. I get it on both Chrome and Firefox.

I can log in, but I have to take the log in choice that appears with the error message.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

I had a look at the system logs and it took a while to figure out but i'm pretty sure the problem is that when both of you logged it, the forum site registered that you had failed to send your modgods money and/or large quantities of alcohol.

One quick paypal transaction should correct this.

- Abyss, filling space until someone who knows what they're talking about comes along...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hey guys, I'm going to have to get Hetan to access a thread in the IPS community forums, as that has the error and it is marked as resolved - unfortunately, I can't see it as I'm not a registered active IPB owner (man are they paranoid, lol) and to be honest waiting for Hetan to get back to me is going to be quicker and less likely to end in disaster than me trying to fix it myself, though I think I might know what is causing the problem.

Sorry for the delay, but it should all be over soon. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

I've emailed a reply to you and attached a zip file. Looks like a simple enough fix.
I can always edit the template files if you don't have the time?
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#6 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

If you could, Hetan, that'd be great. Prepping for the boat trip atm. I can do it myself tomorrow sometime though, so don't panic. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#7 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

View PostAbyss, on 05 January 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

I had a look at the system logs and it took a while to figure out but i'm pretty sure the problem is that when both of you logged it, the forum site registered that you had failed to send your modgods money and/or large quantities of alcohol.

One quick paypal transaction should correct this.

- Abyss, filling space until someone who knows what they're talking about comes along...

Erm... I just checked my Paypal and my bribe... donation certainly got through... If I were you I would have a quiet word with your fellow modgods, they obv haven't been sharing the wealth...

View PostSilencer, on 05 January 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

Hey guys, I'm going to have to get Hetan to access a thread in the IPS community forums, as that has the error and it is marked as resolved - unfortunately, I can't see it as I'm not a registered active IPB owner (man are they paranoid, lol) and to be honest waiting for Hetan to get back to me is going to be quicker and less likely to end in disaster than me trying to fix it myself, though I think I might know what is causing the problem.

Sorry for the delay, but it should all be over soon. :D

Thanks for the responses, a way around it for the time being is to click log-in again once you have the error message and it will log you in... Hence Im getting to spend time here rather than working!

Edit

It may be worth posting the temp fix somewhere visible as it appears there is a lot more guests at the moment with few people logged in...

This post has been edited by champooon: 07 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#8 User is offline   Theoderich II 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

I tell you my most favorite word:

Fixed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic