Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iccy's mother? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

Do we know? Some passage about Gothos and that "oversized hag" (wishing i was a much better quote fu guy, but alas, i'm kinda lazy at heart) spawning the force of nature known as Icarium got me thinking. I first thought of Kilamandaros, but everyone keeps saying she is the (potential DOD spoilage)
Spoiler
. Its probably not important at all (as well as me being most likely very, very wrong), but i keep coming back to Killy. I mean, Iccy had to get his world-shattering rage from at least one side of the family, eh? And Gothos stating to Killy back in the prologue about "her children have lost their way" could have been a reference to Iccy's Laws of Isolation?

Throw me a bone here, or simply shoot this completely out of the sky, no matter either way. Curiousity is killing the cat here a bit!

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 28 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

#2 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

Have you finished Reaper's Gale? There should be a hint as to the race of his mother in that book.

#3 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 28 December 2010 - 12:22 AM, said:

Have you finished Reaper's Gale? There should be a hint as to the race of his mother in that book.

Yeah, i'm on a re-read, and i remember what Karsa realized after confronting Iccy, so that's why i had to ask about Killy
Spoiler

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 28 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

#4 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

View PostThe Seguleh 46th, on 28 December 2010 - 12:27 AM, said:

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 28 December 2010 - 12:22 AM, said:

Yeah, i'm on a re-read, and i remember what Karsa realized after confronting Iccy, so that's why i had to ask about Killy
Spoiler

Maybe an admin can move this to the DOD forum, if need be? Not sure if it was more appropriate there or here, hence my spoilers.

#5 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

I guess it depends if the OP has read up to DoD - it wouldn't be fair to move it if he/she hasn't read DoD.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#6 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:50 AM

View PostHetan, on 30 December 2010 - 02:42 AM, said:

I guess it depends if the OP has read up to DoD - it wouldn't be fair to move it if he/she hasn't read DoD.

I am the OP, and i have read up to that point (although DOD is still halfway a blur at this point...hehe!) Currently re-reading RG, so i had that book on my brain when i posted the topic. It doesn't really matter, just didn't know if any discussion on Killy could end up making this entire thread a spoiler smorgasboard...

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 30 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

#7 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

I just rememeber the errant saying , in reference to Iccy's mom, "that oversized hag". So we cant really deduce much from that ,other than the Errant is familiar with her. Of course the first thing that popped in my mind was Killy, but that doesnt really have staying power.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users