• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SKIIINNEERRRR! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image

Iron Bars looks different from what imagined in my head...

Apt, Skinner? I hardly know her!

#2 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 14 December 2010 - 07:26 PM, said:

Apt, Skinner? I hardly know her!

Sorry Apt, I made that point in another thread:
here

regarding the Seguleh 2nd and HIS attitude to Skinner.

Nice try though :)
meh. Link was dead :(

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Well, the Seguleh Second does not have Iron Bars trademark roar.

Pretty much my favorite scene in the book I think.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

reminded me of...

Posted Image

..but silliness aside it was awesome. Skinner knew exactly how to taunt Bars.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Here's a question...

You're Skinner and because you're Skinner, you have Iron Bars and the Seguleh 2nd chasing after you...

Who would you rather face?

Either way, he's got some serious trouble heading his way all things considered! Karma is about to kick back hard...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Well, if the Second is still worthy of his tittle (which I think he may not be, but), then I think Skinner would fare much better against Iron Bars. Iron Bars was nearly killed by a low level Seguleh who was not even among the top ranks. The 2nd you would expect would be certain death.

On the other hand, it looks like pure sword skill is not enough when Skinner is covered in magical kevlar. So, Iron Bars super human strength might be needed to just simply beat Skinner to death or tear his head off.

Anyway you put it I'm rooting for Skinner. I like a good bad guy.

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

Skinner's actually become a really good bad guy and this short appearance didn't hurt that at all.

I'm split on whether i want to see the final throwdown between Skinner and the 2nd or Skinner and Bars.

On a bet i'd say the 2nd shows up at a key moment, gets beaten by Skinner and then Bars takes him out by taking a nasty sword hit, stepping in close, reaching into Skinner's helmet and ripping his face off ... which would actually make the end with Ussu foreshadowing of a sort... hmmm.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 14 December 2010 - 08:21 PM, said:

Well, if the Second is still worthy of his tittle (which I think he may not be, but), then I think Skinner would fare much better against Iron Bars. Iron Bars was nearly killed by a low level Seguleh who was not even among the top ranks. The 2nd you would expect would be certain death.

On the other hand, it looks like pure sword skill is not enough when Skinner is covered in magical kevlar. So, Iron Bars super human strength might be needed to just simply beat Skinner to death or tear his head off.

Anyway you put it I'm rooting for Skinner. I like a good bad guy.

Yeh, I was wondering whether death would of effected him much, I guess he would be impossible to kill... :)

Good point about the other Seguleh he faced off against, though he was a tad crispy/beat up at the time...

View PostAbyss, on 14 December 2010 - 08:40 PM, said:

Skinner's actually become a really good bad guy and this short appearance didn't hurt that at all.

I'm split on whether i want to see the final throwdown between Skinner and the 2nd or Skinner and Bars.

On a bet i'd say the 2nd shows up at a key moment, gets beaten by Skinner and then Bars takes him out by taking a nasty sword hit, stepping in close, reaching into Skinner's helmet and ripping his face off ... which would actually make the end with Ussu foreshadowing of a sort... hmmm.

I was hoping for the 2nd to face off against Skinner but thought, after SW, it was been led up to Bars Vs Skinner... But that theory... Aye that would be sweet indeed!

This post has been edited by champooon: 14 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#9 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

Oh God, I wandered into Stonewielder forum....AAIIIIEEEEEE
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#10 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

This was my favorite scene from the book as well. Just awesome.

I'd love to see Iron Bars take down Skinner instead of the 2nd, because Bars is the man and it would be cool to see the split in the Crimson Guard be resolved by an avowed rather than someone not within the Guard.

#11 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

Does anybody else keeps thinking

Bars.. Iron Bars ..
Bars.. Iron Bars..

in a loop or is it just me :-)

Corlo was a big disappointment especially considering he was a Mockra Master Mage who lectured Seren (ni Reavers Gale I think)

or maybe ICE just dislikes Mockra and all that intellectual bombast (perhaps a subtle message to SE.)

Even being reminded of the conversation Mockra had with Seren hurts my head.

#12 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:14 AM

The thing that annoyed me about Corlos part was that Esslemont lost his golden oppertunity with the mage.

After Corlo did his little lie (which was blown way out of proportion by the way) he should have been knocked off the wall. But instead of dying he should have been picked up by Storm Riders and taken to Atlantis or where it is they live. THEN we could have got a big info dump on their purpose, their past, their goals, etc. Also you could have had a scene with Crimson Guard riding on sea horses!

#13 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

I'm calling this now.

The Skinner situation will not be touched on in The Crippled God. There simply is too much for SE to do in that book as it is.
I'm guessing that the fragment from the Lady may not be touched on either.

So the House of Chains will still be around after that book. Remember the CG claimed that he has cast the House of Chains out and lets it fend for itself (even though he was probably lying)
Kallor/Karsa are been left for ICE after all. I'm guessing Iron Bars/ the Segulah 2th and Skinner as well.

#14 User is offline   jives 

• Recruit

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hello, I just finished Stonewielder and thought I'd stop by and skim through the sub-forum about the book and see what you have to say. Though I just registered I've been here before and it's a real treasure-trove of information that I miss (or forget) when reading.
You're talking about the Seguleh seconds animosity towards Skinner. I don't remember anything about that at all. Can someone say something very short about it and perhaps in which book it's in? Also, in another thread (which the second poster above linked to) it says that superintendent Chalmers is the Seguleh second. Who's that? I don't remember the name at all.
I really need to read the books again.

Thanks, jives

This post has been edited by jives: 21 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

#15 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

The Seguleh Second appears in Bonehunters and in TTH. In Bonehunters he appears when Cutter and co come upon the dead city Iccy probably killed. Cutter is in a court yard when a rip sudden appears and the Soldier of Death comes bursting out. It appears that the Soldier was hunting Skinner when Hood for some reason decided to lead the Soldier to Cutters location. Cutter immediatly recognices the Second as being an undead Seguleh from the mask he carries.

In TTH The 2nd has been promoted from Soldier to Knight of Death and is assisting the BBs in their march with the Army of the Dead. He takes part in the Convergence in Darujistan. Towards the end of the book, as Hood is taking his leave, he gives the 2nd leave to take back up his hunt for Skinner.

Why the 2nd is hunting Skinner we do not know. We just know he is really pissed. It is unlikely that Skinner had anything to do with the 2nds death, seeing as he has probably been dead for thousands of years. Most likely this is a case of the Honor of a Seguleh being challlenged.

The remark about "Superintendent Chalmers" was a joke. Chalmers is the boss of Principal Skinner from the Simpsons. He is the guy you see in the picture above, his trademark line is "SKIIIINNNERRR!" when ever Bart or somebody else manages to get Skinner in trouble.

This post has been edited by Battle Plaptypus: 21 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

#16 User is offline   jives 

• Recruit

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thanks alot for the quick response. Of course! Now I remember the seguleh! I really need to read the books again, and in straight succession. That's the problem with reading the series while it's being written;.during the waiting for the next book you've forgotten quite a bit of the previous books. At least you have if you've got my lousy memory.
Oh Simpsons, I'm a bit slow... :D Again, thanks!

#17 User is offline   Abey1245 

• Corporal

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

The Seguleh 2nd is sooo obsessed with Skinner I would really like to see that showdown come to fruition! Iron Bars is the man but I think he would not survive an encounter with Skinner. Hope 2nd will tear Skinner a new one :wallbash:

#18 User is offline   iron chef iskaral 

• Recruit

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

What about the CG weaponmaster and my personal favorite, Blues! I assume he's also quite pissed off at skinner, he's just not as deranged as Bars at this point. I'd like to see... Bars + Blues + 2nd vs Skinner :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users