Malazan Empire: Could someone tell me the phrase - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Could someone tell me the phrase DoD phrase about civilisation Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   warbob 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

I remember it is something like "The beast called civilization eats the future in order to live now" or something like it but i need it accurate.

PS:Might look else because i don't read the book in english :).Should be in the first half of the book.

#2 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

'The beast that was civilization ever faced forward, and in making its present world it devoured the world to come. It was an appalling truth that one's own children could be so callously sacrificed to immediate comforts, yet this was so and it had always been so. Dreamers were among the first to turn their backs on historical truths. King Tehol would be swept aside, drowned in the inexorable tide of unmitigated growth. No one, after all, can stand between the glutton and the feast.'

There ya go.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#3 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

Somebody should bestow some rep on MTS...Quote Fu Power
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#4 User is offline   warbob 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Ty MTS :).Now if someone could post the words of Badale(i think) after the commands of Assail in english it would be great :D.

#5 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

Not sure what exactly you're asking for...is it this bit?

As that command thundered from bone to bone, Badalle found her voice.
Power in the word, but I can answer it.
'—to the assault of wonder
Humility takes you in hand—'
She spun back down to lock herself behind her own eyes. She saw energies whirl away, ignite in flashes.
'HALT!'
Cracking like a fist. Lips split, blood threading down. Badalle spat, pushed forward. One step, only one.
'—in softest silence
Enfold the creeping doubt—'
She saw her words strike them. Stagger them. Almost close enough, at last, to see their ravaged faces, the disbelief, the bafflement and growing distress. The indignation. And yes, that she understood. Games of meaning in evasion. Deceit of intent in sleight of hand.
Badalle took another step.
'Yield all these destinations
Unbidden jostle to your bones
Halt in the shadow thrown
Beneath the yoke of dismay—'
She felt fire in her limbs, saw blinding incandescence erupt from her hands. Truth was such a rare weapon, and all the more deadly for it.
'Do not give me your words!
They are dead with the squalor
Of your empty virtues
YIELD to your own lies!
HALT in the breathless moment
Your lungs scream
And silence answers
Your heart drums
Brittle surfaces BLEED!'

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#6 User is offline   warbob 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Yes :D.I'm dissapointed there's no rime tough :).

PS: Once again ty MTS

This post has been edited by warbob: 28 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

#7 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

I don't think SE uses rhyming much at all in his poetry, but a lot of great poetry doesn't rhyme, and it's beautiful in its own right so I don't mind.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users