• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game One Primary Play Thread

#61 User is offline   Faelus Cartinor 

• Rune Mechanic
  • Pip
  • Group: Knoll Barrow Alts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

OOC: Oops, crosspost :hulk: Just cludge this in above my last post to make more sense.

*Looking at Drake*, "An agreeable course - as I stated to Travaz, we will have a better idea of what plan to formulate once we have more information from the Inquisitor. I hope you are not confusing long range with heavy - my current arsenal is more akin to a scalpel than a powerhammer. If the meeting area is sufficiently open perhaps I could station myself in a nearby building to observe and provide cover with my Needler?"

#62 User is offline   Drake Dekko Yarn 

• Rogue Trader, pariah

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Drake looked over at the Priest.

"We'll have to see what the area looks like once we arrive. Sniping positions are always tricky. It could be a good idea for stopping people from getting away. Though I believe we are getting ahead of ourselves and stretching out a bit too thin before we have all the details."

#63 User is offline   Travaz Malakai 

• Enginseer
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Travaz was glad his augmentations no longer required him to keep his original jaw, otherwise it would have hit the floor. Here he was, attempting to impress the naive young Faelus, only Faelus had been to Holy Mars itself to study! At the Collegia Titanica, no less! A lesson in humility from the Omnissiah himself, no doubt. Quashing a sense of regret, Travaz turned to hear the majority of the disquieting giant's suggestion, and barked a laugh at Faelus' response.

"Perhaps a change of clothes of some kind, too?" As Faelus and Drake turned to him, he - sparing a glance for Cimsran and the Inquisitor's man on either side, to avoid servoarm/face collisions - he shrugged, ignoring the grinding noises as usual. "I doubt I can pass for a typical citizen any more, regardless of whether I'm wearing my robe of office or coveralls. But something less formal to get into position would probably help."

This post has been edited by Travaz Malakai: 06 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

#64 User is offline   Drake Dekko Yarn 

• Rogue Trader, pariah

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

Drake turned to Travaz.
"You have a good point, depending on the Mechanicum's presence here. Though as I said, now would be the time to wait on more information.
As for you, well I suggest going in with no disguise. With your robes of office most will think you are here on Mechanicum business. Hide in plain sight if you will."

#65 User is offline   Travaz Malakai 

• Enginseer
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

"Makes sense, although I'm open to suggestions for disguises," said the mostly steel-covered figure with a metallic mask bolted onto his skull, two robotic arms jutting from his shoulders and pipes and other mechanical protrusions causing odd and disturbing bulges in the giant red robe adorning him.

"No? Not surprised. Now, I'm going to find something notable about the infrastructure of Hive 24 to justify my interest. If you need anything, just ask."

Travaz wasn't sure why he was being so curt with the man, but he left the subject for later as he brought his dataslate up to study the layout of their destination. Can't like everyone, and this is hardly the time to be making long-term friends.

EDIT: OOC: Off for at least an hour or too. Good timing, really.

This post has been edited by Travaz Malakai: 06 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

#66 User is offline   Drake Dekko Yarn 

• Rogue Trader, pariah

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:42 PM

*Drake smirked as the Priest found an excuse to cut the conversation. He brought up his own dataslate deciding to let someone else do the talking. No sense in drawing attention to himself right now. They'd all soon hate and fear him the more they spent time with him no matter what he did. The less they interacted now the longer he'd have before they'd all have to concentrate to be around him.*

OOC: I'm off for a few hours.

This post has been edited by Drake Dekko Yarn: 06 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

#67 User is offline   Justinian Funus Obitus 

• Mercenary

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

OOC: There's not much for me to do in this part of the game i'm afraid. Chitchat on the trip down is rather against Justinian's character, and though I'd wish to participate more I want to follow the idea of his personality that I carry around in my head.

#68 User is offline   Cimsran 

• Imperial Guard
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

OOC: you could just give his reactions to the talk... :hulk:

#69 User is offline   Faelus Cartinor 

• Rune Mechanic
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

OOC: I'm back, but don't really have much to add. I think we need a bit of GM intervention here, either to give us more info, make it clear we need to finalise a plan or land the damn plane already :hulk: I think there are also a couple of people that haven't posted yet so their thoughts would be good.

#70 User is offline   The Lord Inquisitor 

• Corporal
  • Pip
  • Interests:Rooting out heresy.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

OOC: I is returned, and it seems a lot has gone on.

@Faelus - yes, it is fine to slightly ret-con people's actions into posts, as cross-posting is always a major issue in these situations. :hulk:

I will answer further questions as I find then in my next post, let me see what's going on here, and the ship will probably set down at the end of my post....

#71 User is offline   Travaz Malakai 

• Enginseer
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

OOC: How are you going to resolve me and Faelus being able to speak in binary chatter? Spoiler boxes or just leave them in the open?

#72 User is offline   The Lord Inquisitor 

• Corporal
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

OOC: Double-posting is allowed, within reason. Posting for posting's sake is discouraged, but if it's because you missed a response or no-one has posted in a long while and things are getting 'awkward', then it's OK.
Any alternate languages are to be covered either by:
A different color (pick a color for each language, and stick to it), or via spoiler tags. Anything marked in this way is to be ignored by those without the necessary linguistic experience.

Raquelia had sat through the miniature argument impassively, choosing to give no grace to any of the plans proposed while people were still discussing. The starship captain was going to be a problem, as Farzael had predicted - he was a plotter and a schemer from way back, and used to dancing around those of higher station than he to get his way, and the arrogance that bred was tempered by experience.

The Ordinatus was a surprise contender, Raquelia had her pinned as a quiet-type, not someone who would fight for dominance of a group - unless....perhaps it was not fighting for dominance? Rather, independence. She merely didn't want to be controlled by Starsearch, and wasn't that understandable?

By far the most amusing turn of events however was the voice of reason; the pariah, of all people, taking it upon himself to temper and mediate between the disparate factions. No doubt a skill learned from personal experience with confrontation, but still interesting to see how much sense the unnerving man could talk. Even the two Mechanicus were listening to him.

But now it had all died down - the captain partially rebuffed on two fronts, Kynia distracting herself in the data-slate, and the pariah just letting things slip away, as if suddenly all too aware of the dangers of being noticed. Raquelia smiled to herself, and then slipped out of her own chair.

"A most refreshing debate of policy, indeed." It was imprudent to laugh when an inquisitor was speaking, but that at least got a few smiles here and there. "Captain Starsearch, Ordinatus G'Kal, I appreciate your input, if not the manner of it, but the plan has already been laid out. The cutter requires no defense - we are more than adequately covered by security, and the crew along with the cutter's weapons are simply an added reassurance. There will be three teams, therefore. Drake, you and Faelus Cartinor will accompany me to the bar.

"Kynia G'Kal will go to the local Administratum with Justinian Obitus, to pursue leads there, and then follow on from them wherever she deems fit.

"The rest of you, led by Alens Bantenhope, will be heading into the bowels of the hive itself. On the way I expect you to gain access to the local communications channel, but this is secondary to your true objective: you are to make contact with the cult proper, which is said to be residing on sub-level 64, the exact area has been marked on your data-slates." She paused, letting the arrangements sink in.

"I expect regular check-ins via vox-link, however do not speak openly unless absolutely necessary. Our base of operations will be the cutter here, as we haven't time to set up on the planet itself. Good hunting." The cutter set down just as she finished.

OOC: Right, setting up separate threads for each group so that we don't get confused. I will endeavor to send out additional information via PM in the next couple of hours to each set of players so you understand what is going on. :hulk:

In brief:

Kynia and Justinian are going to have to get transport to the Administratum, or walk for a fairly long time, then do covert bureaucratic stuff once inside.

The group led by Alens are going to have to find a way down to sub-level 64, while on the way stopping to mine key comms points if they can, so you lot can start off by trying to access one of those.

Raquelia's group are going to the meeting as planned. Except that the meeting is not going to go as planned at all. Bwahahaha.

This post has been edited by The Lord Inquisitor: 06 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

#73 User is offline   The Lord Inquisitor 

• Corporal
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

OOC: Final comments/requisitions can be made before you go to the new threads. Don't start anything major. Better to just have non-verbal communication or short, sharp quips than conversations. Perhaps some greetings specifically to the members of your group, or farewells to those sitting next to you if you're splitting from them.

Raquelia stood and gestured the pariah and rune priest over to her.

#74 User is offline   Travaz Malakai 

• Enginseer
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:07 PM

"Well, then, time to go." Travaz stood and intercepted Faelus, grabbing his hand. "Good luck, my young friend. You know how the old saying goes, *burst of binary chatter*, eh? We'll see you back at the ship."

Malakai then stretched fully, servomotors whining and pipes wheezing away merrily, Alens and Cimsran ducking below the swinging mechanical limbs, before grabbing his oversized kitbag with one hand and striding out of the cabin.

Binary chatter:
Spoiler

OOC: Only members of the Adeptus Mechanicus can understand this speech, so no peeking.

This post has been edited by Travaz Malakai: 06 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

#75 User is offline   Talic Starsearch 

• Pirate Captain
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

This was getting ridiculous, Now he had to take orders from a pilot?

Still at least parts of his plan were going through. Hopefully he would have the chance to tap into the comment for his own purposes. Perhaps get a message of his ship.
And at least he didn't have to worry about that pariah, or even that irritating administrator getting in his way.

#76 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

OOC: To be fair, Alens is not a pilot. :hulk:

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#77 User is offline   Drake Dekko Yarn 

• Rogue Trader, pariah

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

He rose and walked towards the Inquisitor.

As he passed between the two Adeptus Mechanicus he quickly recited in a low voice:

"Toll the Great Bell Once!Pull the Lever forward to engage the

Piston and Pump..."

He then continued towards the Inquisitor.

#78 User is offline   The Lord Inquisitor 

• Corporal
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

OOC: Alas, it seems that, as with mafia, my online-time doesn't coincide with the vast majority of the rest of you. However, I hope I've left you in good stead for the time being (except perhaps Talic, who may need my input sooner rather than later, my apologies), and as you've no doubt noticed by now, it's encouraged for you to come up with your own situations and resolutions as much as possible, as long as it doesn't interfere with other player's characters too much.

Intrigue and scheming is an integral part of the Inquisition, so I've nothing against that, either. Just remember, if you've got a general goal, and at least one other person to react to your posts, you can pretty much keep some action moving for quite some time without GM interference...just don't make it too plot-involved, or have a firefight while other people's characters are standing around looking bemused (unless it's Faelus, :hulk:).

Other than that, I know it's annoying when the GM isn't around to provide you with guidance and NPCs to play with, so I'm going to have a look into having an off-time co-mod chip in also, if anyone is interested, for the group's sake. :)

#79 User is offline   Stumpy 

• Imperial Guard

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

Stumpy gets up and thinks to himself "yet again a full cutter and not one person talks to me? im surely not that hard to miss?"

OOC: sorry for posting so late

#80 User is offline   Faelus Cartinor 

• Rune Mechanic
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

OOC: Lol dude, you're already off the cutter and in the Hive - look for the thread with your name in the subtitle.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users