A CROWN OF SWORDS (Spoilerific)

#21 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:45 AM

Glad you liked it. :D

Be warned...a lot of people fell off the WoT wagon on TPOD. Partly because they waited for it for three years and it had no Mat in it. Partly because it mostly starts out with a bunch of women being irritating. Though IMO there is some good action in those bits. Also partly because Rand starts going really crazy in TPOD. It does not make for many rainbows.

Personally, that is where the story started getting really thought-provoking for me. There is some interesting stuff going on in Rand's head starting about now. Also, Egwene's plotline was good stuff IMO. Perrin's never-ending plotline starts in this book. Again, not so much a problem for someone who can read the books back-to-back.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#22 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:06 AM

View Postjitsukerr, on 10 November 2010 - 11:31 AM, said:

No, as soon as Rand decided to take on Rahvin, Moiraine knew that her vision of confronting Lanfear at the docks would happen. After the Lanfear/Moiraine confrontation, they then proceed to Caemlyn by Skimming gateway, and Rand balefires some darkhounds, bringing Mat and a few other characters back to life. IIRC, FoH is also the second Nynaeve/Moghedien fight, where Birgitte is ejected from Tel'Aran'Rhiod, and Nyn captures Moggy with an a'dam in Dreamland, leading to the rediscovery of Travelling.

To nitpick just a little, isn't Rahvin's death by balefire what brings back Mat and the others? Rand saving Mat from the darkhounds is earlier in that book I think.

I also agree about not waiting between books... I think I would have been much less disappointed with the later entries if I had not waited so long.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#23 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

View Postansible, on 16 November 2010 - 03:06 AM, said:

View Postjitsukerr, on 10 November 2010 - 11:31 AM, said:

No, as soon as Rand decided to take on Rahvin, Moiraine knew that her vision of confronting Lanfear at the docks would happen. After the Lanfear/Moiraine confrontation, they then proceed to Caemlyn by Skimming gateway, and Rand balefires some darkhounds, bringing Mat and a few other characters back to life. IIRC, FoH is also the second Nynaeve/Moghedien fight, where Birgitte is ejected from Tel'Aran'Rhiod, and Nyn captures Moggy with an a'dam in Dreamland, leading to the rediscovery of Travelling.

To nitpick just a little, isn't Rahvin's death by balefire what brings back Mat and the others? Rand saving Mat from the darkhounds is earlier in that book I think.

Oops, yes, you are entirely correct.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users