Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newb

#1 User is offline   Animosaro 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hi, I'm new to this site but ive been balls deep in this series of books for about a decade. What was the point of the challenging question when I registered? It was what was Surly's original name. I thought Surly was her original name and then she changed it to Laseen because that meant thronemaster.

#2 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

I don't remember any such question, but I assume it's a form of literary CAPTCHA?
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 User is offline   Animosaro 

• Recruit

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:34 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 05 November 2010 - 12:34 AM, said:

I don't remember any such question, but I assume it's a form of literary CAPTCHA?

Well sir, I thought so also but then there was a typical CAPTCHA in the section after it. Is this ipb messing with me alone?

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

Most assuredly not. It's a newer form of testing the 'humanity' of a user who is registering. I.e. if you have a fan site (like this one) ask a question about the fan work (in this case, the MBotF), so that a bot (hopefully) won't be able to get past it using the normal CAPTCHA-bypassing stuff.

As for the question, it is kind of a trick, I'll grant you. But that's also sort of the point. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5 User is offline   Suraklin 

• Recruit

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

Like a fool I spent some time trying to find out if we'd ever been told what her given name was (assuming Surly was an 'army' name) but went with Laseen in the end and here I am :blink:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users