• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Masochism 2010 Nanowrimo

#21 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

Well I've got most of characters lined up if not entirely sketched.
No plot though.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#22 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

I signed up a while ago - but I know from previous experience that I'm not gonna get the words done - I'm going to try to use the month to get a stroy planned out, to create a base upon which to write :(
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#23 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

It has begun!
And already it's not how I imagined :( !
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#24 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading and Writing pretty much dominate this section.

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

I should explore the forums more often. On day ten now but I'll still wish everyone luck with their story. This is my third year personally and am actually finding it more difficult to sit down and write without school keeping me on a schedule (I graduated HS and am taking a year off) but I'm managing to stay ahead of the daily word count. Hope everyone proudly makes it to the finish line. Hang in there Darkwatch.
The world needs hypocrites...unfortunate but true.

#25 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

I am behind and slipping. I think I am having trouble with the fact that I have plotted things happening down the line in the story but actually having to write through to them seems to be taking so long.

#26 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:11 AM

I think I know where you're coming from Tes'thesula. You've went over and over in your head what will happen that now, actually having to write it out, the task seems so tedious. Just persevere, you can do it.

#27 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

Yeah, just writing stuff down seems really to help. On monday and tuesday, I had loads of work for school. Monday was knackered, and I ended up falling asleep. I tried to write, but just didn't know where to go with it, so decided I'd take a rest for a bit, get up in a few hours, and try again. Instead, I slept until I had to get up for school.

Tuesday I spent most of the day working on school stuff. I managed to get some writing done, but I just couldn't really get anywhere.

On wednesday though, I just sat down and worked at it. I didn't have much of a better idea where things were going, but it helped, and today's been much more productive.

I think the important part is just to keep going with it. It seemed forced for a bit, but because of it I was able to get past my block.

Anyway, I hope you manage to work past your troubles.

It's looking like this weekend is going to be spent trying to catch up though. I'm pretty behind because of those couple of days where I basically got nothing done...

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#28 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Half way there and going to my first write-in.... gulp

#29 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Ah, well, I knew this day was coming since september. Went on a five day trip and now I'm on red alert. Nearly 9000 words behind at this point after keeping ahead for so long. But hey, a challenge presents itself and I shall persevere. Just hope I don't run out of story...

I remember my first, and only for that matter, write-in. Was awkward and unpreductive. Counting myself there was only four people there and I didn't get much done cause I didn't bring a laptop or anything to write on. Just went over things in my head - only went along cause my sister didn't want to go alone. Well, I'm a bit late in responding, hopefully your experience was much better Tes'thesula.

#30 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

It was okay, but I don't think I write very well or productively surrounded by other people. And it didn't seem like a great occasion to meet fellow writers either. So won't be doing that again.

Otherwise I don't think I am going to make it this year. My story is not as sorted in my head as I would have liked and I'm not sure what to actually write, which is stalling me. 5000 words behind or something and no go in me. Which is shame

#31 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:22 AM

Well I'm just over 7000 words behind now but i'm getting to the climax and once that happens I doubt I'll hit a road block but if it does there's not a lot of room for brooding. As for your block, you could be drastic and write an overflowing bubbling pile of slimy BS complete with chronological errors and loop holes you could toss a planet through. Or maybe you'll get a brainwave in the nick of time, you complete the novel with thirty seconds to spare and you feel more proud of yourself than ever before. It could happen, don't you be doubtin' it. However, if neither option proves fruitful then you can find solace and in the lovely cliche that "there's always next year." Either way, don't beat yourself up.

I say that despite knowing it'll do little good just as it did with me.

#32 User is offline   Tes'thesula 

• High House My House

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

I've always thought of this one as a long term project anyway. There was no way it was going to be finished in the 50,000 words, and I think that was as much a hindrance as a help. Hopefully, I'll have a long sit down some time and figure out how I want things to actually happen.

#33 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

I've always seen NaNoWriMo as a chance to get out the blueprints myself, getting the basic story down and then taking time later at some point to expand. Do what you feel you should though; at the very least you got started on something and sometimes that's a lot harder than it sounds.

#34 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

Well I've done it, caught up to where I'm supposed to be and now I'm worried I have too much content remaining to finish without getting all flustered. *sigh* Shame I can't plan these things out perfectly but storys just take on a life of their own.

#35 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

Hmm, how frustrating. Seems I'm going to have to drop some story lines in order to finish. Of course I'll return to the story to write it properly but this is annoying. In any case, third year and two successes. Think I've got the hang of this. Anyone else feel richer for the experience?

#36 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

I feel richer for the experience having gotten further on this project than any other.
Still I'm going to fail with a bit less than half the requirement. Next year I'll have a better idea of what to do.

I was going to have the same problem as you, having to drop a story line and cut the others a bit shorter.
I guess I aimed too big.
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users