Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Errant errant/forkrul assail connection? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nawahl Ebur 

• The Tide of Madness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

I'm doing a re-read of Midnight Tides and came across an interesting passage from Bugg speaking to Shurq down in her hideout/crypt. When she asks him about the hieroglyphs in the crypt he says

"The language on the door belongs to an extinct people known as Forkrul Assail, who are collectively personified in our Fulcra by the personage we call the Errant."

I couldn't recall the Errant being associated with the FA in any other books, does anyone have anymore information about this? Did I miss something?

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:07 AM

In Reaper's Gale there is a dream-like scene by the Errrant, remembering FA being marched into the Errant's temples into destruction. The overarching tie would be of balance.

This post has been edited by H.D.: 21 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

Ganath : "The Errant thought to defeat them (his worshippers), as you might well seek to do, and so he became the god of change. He walked the path of neutrality, yet flavored it with a pleasure taken in impermanence. The Errant’s enemy was ennui, stagnation. This is why the Forkrul Assail sought to annihilate him. And all his mortal followers.” (BH)
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

I don't think I was making that story up, but I can't find it. This is a relevant RG quote:

"Alas," said the Errant, 'my advice to you would be useless. My power quickly dissipated. It had already been terribly wounded - the Forkrul
Assail's pogroms against my faithful saw to that...."
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5 User is offline   Nawahl Ebur 

• The Tide of Madness

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

Thanks guys, I had totally forgotten all of that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users