Malazan Empire: Has finally figured it all out. - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has finally figured it all out. I've sorted out my novel.

#1 User is offline   Baudinsballs 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

After much rangling I now know how my novel will appear like, I've sorted out all my worries out, I just thought I would share this. Current progress is I am up to chapter four of book two.

Book one will detail the lives of the main characters from the age 5, showing how they become who they are at the end of the book. It will also detail the lives of minor characters in first person interludes. I do have prologues, but they ARE necessary. First half of Prologue details key events that effect the story later on, second half is set in present day, or near enough.

Book two will detail backtrack and detail the key points in a characters life that was introduced in the last half of the first one and then follow the others in the aftermath as they each go on individual quests, (kind of) One group go to Mazure Island to confront the person who has been manipulating them, or so they think. The others are dragged to a heavily fortified base, for their own protection and one goes into the mountains to satisfy the dreams that haunt her, The interludes in this novel will reveal manipulations from another character, also harking back to key points mentioned in the first one.

Book three will have a prologue that will reveal the real reason the Endlords came to Onchara, and will fully reveal the alternative time line with differences revealed right from the start. Lots of things happen, more people die. As book ends things are left open ended, country is in a state of war etc but the main characters are all dead. Will wrap up the alt as being the true reality and that people have been reading the alt reality. People will remember the other reality but will be left with the choice to accept it or forget it.

Only thing I'm considering now is transfering some events over to Book three from two.
I have also noted down every mystery that will be mentioned so I don't forget.
1. WHo is Rake
2. Who is the Ageless child.
3. What was the Great project the Endlords were working on
4. Why did they come to Onchara.
5. Who or what are the Aspects, Xara and Kara.
6. Why did the people on Mazure Island suddenly vanish.

Woooo. I feel awesome!!!! Nothing can stop me. Not even John Jarrold saying my work needs an extra 20k words

#2 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain
  • Interests:Reading and Writing pretty much dominate this section.

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

I remember when I felt that way. Unstoppable with ultimate control/power. Of course mapping it all out in one's mind or on paper is so vastly different from writing it all out in full. It is oh so depressing but I say good luck to you. May your world one day grace the shelves of a book store near everyone.
The world needs hypocrites...unfortunate but true.

#3 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:16 AM

Damn, and here I was hoping I was about to find out the meaning of everything.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#4 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

Awesome!

I wish you good luck with writing it all, and look forward to seeing the First Book by Baudin's Balls in a book store near me sometime in the future:)
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#5 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

How is this going then?
Victory is mine!

#6 User is offline   Baudinsballs 

• Sergeant

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

View PostFist Gamet, on 12 November 2010 - 12:01 AM, said:

How is this going then?

It's going good. I am one chapter away from the penultimate chapter. I've wrapped up all my plot points from book one by chapter 10. (essentianally the New Empire Arch) The Guardians lost and those still alive have fled.

Now the main bad guy is back all hell is loose woop woop, basically she's coming across as the man about town having everyone on the run, and I am now preparing to have a cull on 90% of my cast. Just figuring out when to end it. It's either on a cliff hanger without people knowing who's dead or who's alive or leaving it on a downer with people knowing who is dead,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users