• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Dark Tower movie, TV,

#101 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

I really wish they'd do a remake of Salem's Lot instead. I read that when I was 19 and still checked all the doors and windows every night!

I saw the mini-series as a kid and I recall being scared shitless, but that may have been because I was a kid.

*Googles*

Hmmm, I see they remade it in 2004. Was it any good?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 11 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#102 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

The original Salem's Lot mini series was from 1979 and had ... David Soul? (Hutch) as the lead. I didn't even know they had remade it until I did some googling after my original previous post.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#103 User is offline   Rhand 

• Lord of the Morning

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

Big fan of the books. I was so happy and psyched when I heard there would be finally a movie. Can't imagine the last time I was so disappointed with a movie.
I wouldn't say it's bad, I think to rate it 6 out of 10 on IMDB but I honestly expected much better.

What I liked: MM, Idris Elba and Tom Taylor all delivered good performances. The setting and action in Mid-World.
WHat I didn't like: the very fast-paced setting (for some reason the movie is only 95 minutes whilst I think with 25-30 minutes more they could have spun a much better story), the mix from later books into the first movie, how they changed Walter, too much Earth and not enough Mid-World.

In the end, I guess I was expecting the first movie to be more a mix of book 1 and 2, with book 4 as flash back material to explain about Roland's world and atmosphere. But it seems more a mix of 1 and 6, focussing a lot more on Earth and not enough on Mid-World and the whole story around the Dark Tower. At no point during the movie did I feel anything of a connection or a sense of importance/urgency about the fate of the tower.

#104 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:47 PM

https://consequenceo...-amazon-report/

You'd think after the fucktastrophe that was the movie I'd be less excited about this. But apparently my thinky meatz doesnt work that way. I'm apparently more excited about the prospect of a decent adaptation.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#105 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:35 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 04 March 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

https://consequenceo...-amazon-report/

You'd think after the fucktastrophe that was the movie I'd be less excited about this. But apparently my thinky meatz doesnt work that way. I'm apparently more excited about the prospect of a decent adaptation.

You know it’s going to be awesome ! Amazon really needs to nail out a few good series to compete on the Netflix front...

( I mean those adaptations all through and through could be great running back to back )
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#106 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:12 PM

As if my trepidation that they’d shit all over more of the Dark Tower wasn’t high enough.

Apparently the Amazon series is basically Wizard and Glass. A top 5 book for me.

https://www.google.c...1202556652/amp/
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users