• 215 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#21 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

AYE! Those zombie-bombs are lethal!

I've built a pathway from (one of) my front door(s) to the shore and then enclosed it in a massive stone tunnel. While I was making said stone tunnel one night, I fell off the edge onto one of those damned zombie-bombs and it obliterated half of my damned wall, not to mention made a massive crater in the ground! Now it's finished I'm planning to dig a moat around it to keep the bastards away.

Also, a top tip (that, annoyingly, I only found out recently): If you put your mined cobblestone into a furnace, you get normal-looking stone again. I was gutted that I'd already made a load of stuff with cobblestones.

I need to move on to bigger, grander structures though because at the minute all I have is a series of tunnels that just lead to random places and exits. (Though I do have a big castle/fortress, an underground throne room and a massive wall...)

AND, a question: where do you get string from? I want to make me a bow but I don't know where to get string.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 08 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#22 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

you get string either from the spiders or the sheep I think. I seem to have picked up string after killing both of those... I think... I pick up a lot of stuff.

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

So, I'm minding my own business building a giant tower that is going to serve as my light house when I begin to venture into the outside world, when I see something under a tree.

Something big...

Attached File  spider minecraft.jpg (221.78K)
Number of downloads: 1

In other news, after digging for an eternity going deeper and deeper I finally found a cave complex. It was of course filled with zombies and skeletons :veryangry: After nearly getting dispatched by a skeleton I hurried up and sealed it off again. I'm going to stock up on armor, weapons and food and I'm going to go kill some monsters tonight.

I feel like the proud dwarves of Mines of Moria that dug too deep.

EDIT: Also, livestock keep popping into my keep. I have now idea how the hell they are getting in there. Maybe they are spawning inside.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 10 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

#24 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

fastest wall building method
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#25 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

And dorkdom reaches new heights....although I think it's pretty sweet....also inevitable
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#26 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

oooooh...so THATS what this is..... once a good few months ago stumbled upon this "game" and fired it up....was walking around this blocky world that appeared empty for like five minute and then just quit....seemed....boring. did not do any research clearly.
Had no idea what it was.

hectic
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#27 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

I'm tempted to try to sculpt the Bluff Eversmoking monastery from the original Unreal... it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever encountered in gaming. And the Sunspire (ok that was more of a gimmick thingy - SO GORRAM TALL!)
Oh God. I just has a major Nostalgy circuit overload. Shutdown imminent.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#28 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 09 September 2010 - 12:57 PM, said:

fastest wall building method

Who are these people running around Minecraft needing to buld 10 block high walls all over the place.

I am also somewhat sure that he had drop damage turned off for that pillar building method. I've seen people stop a drop by placing a stone just before they land, but that shit takes too much precision in my opinion. Better to just build up in layers leaving the ends in stairs.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 09 September 2010 - 12:58 PM, said:

And dorkdom reaches new heights....although I think it's pretty sweet....also inevitable

Very awesome. I saw something similar where somebody had built a HUGE replica of Planet Earth. With continents and seas and all that. it was hovering inside this giant grid made the builder able to view it from every angle. Pretty cool.

In other news. If you want to get the Minecraft experience but don't have the time or money to play the game, watch this video series. I've been watching them yesterday and today and I've learnt a hell of alot from the guys mistakes. He's a bit obtuse if not downright oblivious at times, but it's a lot of fun watching his approach to the minecraft experience and I like his humor.

X's Adventures in Minecraft

WARNING: These videos are almost as absorbing as the game is.

#29 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

This game looks awesome. I think I must buy.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#30 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

AHHHHH! Now I want to try this.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#31 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:39 PM

I wish I was mature enough to buy this and not spend a week building the universe's most monumental penis :veryangry:
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#32 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

View PostKanubis, on 09 September 2010 - 09:39 PM, said:

I wish I was mature enough to buy this and not spend a week building the universe's most monumental penis :veryangry:

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME... wait, what?

Oh god the x-adventures are awesome. Around issue 15 he just goes into a building frenzy.

#33 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

View PostHiddenOne, on 09 September 2010 - 09:02 PM, said:

But where can I buy it?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#34 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:36 AM

View PostHiddenOne, on 10 September 2010 - 03:45 AM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 09 September 2010 - 09:02 PM, said:

But where can I buy it?

http://www.minecraft.net

Did I just spend five hours building a keep into the side of a mountain?

Yes I did.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#35 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:01 AM

Colossal water slide project. I don't want to know how long he spent building that and sculpting the landscape.

#36 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

This is just mind boggling. I have no words.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#37 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

Despite the magnificence of my magnificent creations, I elected to start a second world last night, as I felt that all of my magnificence was too bunched up and close together and became generally uninteresting.

Now I've dug a cave into a cliff, which is slowly filling with water, built stairs up to the top of the hill/mountain/whatever (from inside the cave) and I'm creating a doorless tower atop the hill (so that the only way in is by boat - let's see those zombie bastards try and get me now!!)

Have no other plans for now...may try and find a better floating island and make a better skykeep. We'll see...

Having just watched that video, as well...isn't it impossible to build to that altitude? When I built my previous skykeep, I was inable to put torches on top the a tower because (I assume) I'd built as high as I could go (which was nowhere near as high as this guy's slide). Am I going crazy or is there genuinely a limit to how high you can build?

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 10 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#38 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

I've been wondering about whether there was a hight limit as well. The guy(s) who made that video were using some kind of editor to import their materials but they claim to not have done any other kind of tampering with the world.

I've been on top of mountains where there were clouds floating past me, I don't think the sky water slide is that much higher up.

Maybe the world you were playing on just wasnt that deep and that affected the ceiling of the world as well?

EDIT: IN other news I've been playing a few hours this morning. I discovered a huge cavern in a side tunnel while excavating a room under my fortress. It is incredibly big and best of all, there's all kinds of ressources right out in the open, so far my tally is 11 diamonds, 20ish gold, 110ish Red Stone Powder, 70ish Iron Blocks, 210ish coal, 50ish flint and various other stuff. I'm fucking RICH!

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 10 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

#39 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

I appeared to be much closer to the ground and I couldn't see distant land masses like when he's riding the glass section in the video. You may be right about the ground level being higher although I was next to the sea and shouldn't sea level be...well...sea level?

On this topic, I've thought of a good idea - build loads and loads of ladders (so that you can climb back up) (and picks and torches) and just dig down to see how deep you can go. I think there are three possibilities:

a. You just stop (in the same way as the height restrictions).

b. You dig to the centre of a lava-filled earth and die a miserable death.

c. You dig right through to the other side of the world (though this depends on whether the world is spherical or flat [which also brings me to another point!]).

d. You dig straight through the flat world and fall into a black nothingness (which I think we'll call the Abyss).

EDIT: IN other news I've been playing a few hours this morning. I discovered a huge cavern in a side tunnel while excavating a room under my fortress. It is incredibly big and best of all, there's all kinds of ressources right out in the open, so far my tally is 11 diamonds, 20ish gold, 110ish Red Stone Powder, 70ish Iron Blocks, 210ish coal, 50ish flint and various other stuff. I'm fucking RICH!

I have not been so lucky as of yet. In fact my first world seemed pretty poor for resources (at least, where I holed up did). In my second world though, I inadvertantly dug into an underground cave while constructing my cave-harbour but I only had a few torches and there were zombie noises and I was scared to venture any further into the unknown, however once my tower's finished I may dig back down there so see what I can scavenge.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 10 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

#40 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

View PostGreen Pig, on 10 September 2010 - 11:06 AM, said:

a. You just stop (in the same way as the height restrictions).

b. You dig to the centre of a lava-filled earth and die a miserable death.

c. You dig right through to the other side of the world (though this depends on whether the world is spherical or flat [which also brings me to another point!]).

d. You dig straight through the flat world and fall into a black nothingness (which I think we'll call the Abyss).

Unless you are on one of the floating islands maps you will eventually reach "bed rock" it's a layer of rocks that can't be dug through or blown up. It is the bottom of the game. If you're on the look out of for diamonds and want to go about it systematically it's suggested that you find a level about 10-12 blocks above the bottom and just pan out from there

In other news I've found a very cool graphics pack that replace the dull Minecraft design with Nintendo sprite type designs. Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out how to make it work with the game just yet:

http://painterlypack.net/

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users