Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

noobie toon

#1 User is offline   High King of Chaos 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

hi everyone. this is my first forum ive joined but i loved this series so much that i had to find people to discuss the series with. Ive been reading Fantasy and nothing but fantasy for over ten years now ive read all sorts like -David Gemmel - David Eddings -Terry Brooks - R.A.A.Salvatore - Goerge R.A.A Martin - J.R.R Tolkien - Steven Donaldson- TomLLoyd -David Zindell - Terry Goodking - David Farland - Raymond E Feist - China Mivelle - Robert Jordan - Glen Cook - Robinn Hobb - Terry Zucker - Margret Weise - Ian C Esselmont - and many more and i can easliy say that Ericson is by far the best his charecters and the pantheon he has created is bad ass. I never thought i wouold find anything that would top Tolkien and his Elves but this is a masterpiece secound to none that has set the bar to new standards, i would however recommend David Farland Glen Cook and Tom LLoyd to all you Malazan fans Tom Lloyds debut novel was extremely good infact one of my favourite books of all time. David Farlands plot is so refreshing in its uniqueness that i couldnt put it down added to the fact it was like an avalanche gathering momentum made it an addictive read and i thought that Glen VCook had a style similar to Erikson. Im currently on my secound read of the 9 Erikson books thus far and have read the books by ICE. i would love to have some discussions with other fansd of the series I would especially like to talk with people who have an in depth knoledge of the story lines and charecters, i would very much enjouy talking with other readers of this series who have picked up on things that i have missed no matter how irrelivant they may seem - i do have one question to ask and thats if i wish to add posts how do i work the spilers thing as i dont want to reveal anything to someoen who hasnt yet had the chance to discover it for themselves

#2 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

View PostHigh King of Chaos, on 02 September 2010 - 02:46 PM, said:

and i thought that Glen VCook had a style similar to Erikson.

That's because SE is a great fan of Glen Cook's and even based the Bridgeburners on the Black Company.

Anyway, welcome to the forums :p

Spoiler tags you do like this [ spoiler ]blablah[ /spoiler], but without the spaces. Oh, and if that's your first time on a internet forum: structuring your postings helps to make them readable :)

This post has been edited by Puck: 02 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

Welcome. Along with all the Malaz goodness, you should drop by the Other Lit subforum. There are running discussions on a lot of the authors you mentioned you like.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users