Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I cant force myself...help! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

Im a troubled man. I want to start reread of DoD. I really enjoyed all rereads, TtH raised to No. 1...but DoD, I cant force myself to begin. I really liked/ loved the book. But it is so emotionally brutal...that each time I remember particular scenes, something in me refuses to begin reading. Hobbling...Tool...whole Barghast storyline...oh, they are so good. So good that it repels me to suffer it thru it again... DAMN. SE, you are repelling me! 

So I need some clearly reasonable arguments that will force me, calm me, make magic...anything! :p
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#2 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Well, I can't help you there, since I started working I only had time to do half a re-read (TTH) in the last 8 months.
If I was to forward an idea, read 1 chapter each evening before sleeping.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#3 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

how long does it take you to do a full re read? Maybe read the other works by SE and ICE? If you have done this then start again from the very beginning and just take your time going through them, they are that good :p
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

You can just ship chapters which you cannot tolerate.

Edit: Or grow some balls :p

This post has been edited by Sindriss: 26 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#5 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

View PostSindriss, on 26 August 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

You can just ship chapters which you cannot tolerate.

Edit: Or grow some balls  :p

Cant skip chapters! Thats blasphemy!!!

And my balls...well...you are on my list!:p
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#6 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

I had the same reaction. And you know what? It's not as bad the second time round. The hobbling -- it's actually over in a flash in terms of page count. I remember reeling the first time I read it, and thinking it was going on for ages. But actually, it';s only 2 or 3 pages. Hardly anything. So just do it, I'd say. You'll enjoy the prose more the second time round.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

It's all worth it for those last 60 pages or so. Even when you know what's coming, the build-up is SO GOOD.

- Abyss, ...is referring to the book you perverts...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

I enjoyed it more second time around, I guess some inoculation to brutality had occurred. I did hit a spot right in the middle that made me lay it down for a couple weeks, then it was back on. Alternatively, shots of whiskey...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#9 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

You could wait for TCG to come out, and then read it all in a row as one book.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#10 User is offline   Excellence 

• High Fist

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

Ulrik, do it for Tassadar. He faced his challenges head on. Can you do no less?
If there were no smart people others wouldn't feel inadequate.

Right?

#11 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

Do it for Hetan. The cruelties that were done upon her must be witnessed, again and again, just as long as it takes for the human race to understand that such things are a big no-no (to say the least).
As Karsa would say: "Witness!"
"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake
(From Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson)

#12 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

View PostMcflury, on 29 August 2010 - 05:39 PM, said:

Do it for Hetan. The cruelties that were done upon her must be witnessed, again and again, just as long as it takes for the human race to understand that such things are a big no-no (to say the least).
As Karsa would say: "Witness!"

Thats rather masochism...:p

Ill do it for Ublala...:p
- Fiddler

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users