Malazan Empire: Erickson/ICE Forum Names? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Erickson/ICE Forum Names? Do they post here?

#1 User is offline   joran6 

• Not Apsalar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Fantasy Football, Fantasy Novels, Wheat Beers & Scotch, Woodworking, All HBO Series'

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

Just wondering if Erickson/ICE have ever posted at this site and, if so, what their forum names are. Anyone know?
"None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering, all wondering, at my secret wellspring of wisdom..." - Iskaral Pust

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

I think in the early, early days of the forums, many moons ago, Erikson had an account which he used very rarely... I think. But now a days communication between the forum and Erikson usually go through Hetan or Mal who are friends with the guy.

As for Esslemont, I can't actually recall there ever being any communication. Maybe in connection with a release of a prologue one time, but I think that was through a publisher or something.

But basically, if you want to contact the authors you'll probably have an easier time going the normal route through the publisher.

EDIT: There's also facebook, but Erikson does not accept friend invitations from strange people he doesn't know.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 22 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

#3 User is offline   joran6 

• Not Apsalar
  • Interests:Fantasy Football, Fantasy Novels, Wheat Beers & Scotch, Woodworking, All HBO Series'

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

View PostAptorian, on 22 August 2010 - 01:15 PM, said:

I think in the early, early days of the forums, many moons ago, Erikson had an account which he used very rarely... I think. But now a days communication between the forum and Erikson usually go through Hetan or Mal who are friends with the guy.

As for Esslemont, I can't actually recall there ever being any communication. Maybe in connection with a release of a prologue one time, but I think that was through a publisher or something.

But basically, if you want to contact the authors you'll probably have an easier time going the normal route through the publisher.

EDIT: There's also facebook, but Erikson does not accept friend invitations from strange people he doesn't know.

Thanks for the reply. It's not that I actually wanted to contact either author as much as I'd love to hear their answers to many of the questions posted on these forums. I know that they have addressed some of these questions through interviews and such. I figured it was a long shot....
"None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering, all wondering, at my secret wellspring of wisdom..." - Iskaral Pust

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

There's a list of interviews and Q&As that Erikson has done on the Wiki:

http://encyclopediam....com/Interviews

#5 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

I believe Steve likes to prowl the forums anonymously.
Oh, me and my endless folly!

#6 User is offline   Ribald 

• Scholar of High House Academia
  • Interests:Freelance Editor, Advance Reader, and academic with a PhD in Fantasy Literature.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

Can we get Hetan to reserve 'Vanilla' as a user name for Esslemont in case he signs up? That way he can be Vanilla ICE (ICE baby....)

Note to self: I think I need some quiet time.
Trust me, I'm a doctor.
www.thecriticaldragon.com

#7 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Good question, do They walk among us? Unknown...
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#8 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

There was a time, long ago, when Erikson was actually an Administrator here. Not for any specific reason, but he did post once in a blue moon. Also, even earlier, he did sneak by under the radar as a member called SRL... 
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users