Malazan Empire: anybody else was sick? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

anybody else was sick? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

I've finished reading the book for quite a while now, but I noticed today how nobody ever seemed to have said something about Hetan's Hobbling. To me it was an extremely brutal scene and it really made me sick on the inside. Honoustly, I felt like scratching out my eyes and puking without a stop. What they did to Hetan there was described in so much detail, and it is so fucked up on the biggest level, for a moment I was wondering what was going on with SE if he could think up these horrible things. Honoustly, I literally wondered "how does he sleep at night?".

Now I'm a bit over it, and I've started to guess that with SE being ascended, obviously, he probably doesn't need such mundane things as sleep. But still, I was wondering if I really am the only one who found the whole part of Hetan's hobbling sickening, or did all the rest just banish it out of their minds as soon as they read it? (if the answer is the last option, then I'm sorry I'm bringing it up again, making it harder for you to lock it out)

So, what's your two cents on Hetan's hobbling?

EDIT: I had placed "Hetan's Hobbling" as a title before, which could be considered a spoiler, and since titles aren't supposed to hold these I took it out and changed the title. Sorry if anyone still got spoiled because of my error :)

This post has been edited by Mcflury: 21 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake
(From Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson)

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

There's a gigantic thread about it in this very forum. http://forum.malazan...showtopic=18379

Well, it's not super gigantic, but it's somewhat gigantic.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

worrywort, on 21 August 2010 - 09:13 PM, said:

There's a gigantic thread about it in this very forum. http://forum.malazan...showtopic=18379

Well, it's not super gigantic, but it's somewhat gigantic.

woops, didn't spot it :) Thx :D
"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake
(From Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson)

#4 User is offline   Excellence 

• High Fist

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

It's nothing compared to George Martin's prono filth. I was innured to it after reading 4 Martin books. I didn't like the brats trying to feed goat faeces to Hetan.
If there were no smart people others wouldn't feel inadequate.

Right?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users