• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What if Kruppe was evil? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

I'd be a little upset if Paran didn't make any appearance in the last novel, but I would be pissed if his only role in it was to  jump in to save the day. I would kind of like to see mother dark actually do something.

#22 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

RE: Mother Dark Well she did save Black Coral citizens from becoming perennial drug addicts and fried the Dying God just by appearing.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 22 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#23 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

To Quick Benīs power. Ahem...weīve seen him anihilating Nahruk by hundreds...if this isnt demonstration of POWER... only more challenging act is take cake from Kruppeīs hands.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#24 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

View PostH.D., on 20 August 2010 - 05:36 PM, said:

As a literary device, it would help bring the plot full circle, true. But, my thought on that is that Paran really hasn't been a character in the series since book 6. Yes, we have one scene with him in Toll, but Paran rode into sunset a long time ago with the Host in my mind.

Perhaps I should amend it to Paran and the Host showing up would be disappointing, as D'rek does make a point about a possible confrontation with Errastas.

ICE doesn't necessarily have to take over Paran, SE could in the Darujhistan novel or something else.

I expect Paran to lead an army against the CG only to be met by Tavore and the Bonehunters..

Would pit brother vs sister in a tragic battle of Malazan Army vs Malazan Army

#25 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

View PostGingerBreadMan, on 22 August 2010 - 07:38 PM, said:

View PostH.D., on 20 August 2010 - 05:36 PM, said:

As a literary device, it would help bring the plot full circle, true. But, my thought on that is that Paran really hasn't been a character in the series since book 6. Yes, we have one scene with him in Toll, but Paran rode into sunset a long time ago with the Host in my mind.

Perhaps I should amend it to Paran and the Host showing up would be disappointing, as D'rek does make a point about a possible confrontation with Errastas.

ICE doesn't necessarily have to take over Paran, SE could in the Darujhistan novel or something else.

I expect Paran to lead an army against the CG only to be met by Tavore and the Bonehunters..

Would pit brother vs sister in a tragic battle of Malazan Army vs Malazan Army

i dunno i cannot see Paran turning up and going at it with the BH...

the quote -

"...not the time Picker. We've landed in a mess. If you can get word to them, try. Warn them Picker, warn them off."

- obv we don't know who/where Paran is referring to... he sounds desparate there and i reckon he is referring to the BH, trying to save them the carnage if anything...

all speculation though...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#26 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

I wouldn't be disappointed by much in this next book. Paran may be there, but i think he took the host to Assail or Quon Tali, personally. Then again, he can teleport to an Azath just by thinking about it and can travel via crappy "pictures" of Cards he draws in the sand/earth/whatever on hand, so it wouldn't be crazy to think he might show up. Karsa showing up would disappoint a little, as i think he will be the major player in the Darujhistan novel amongmaybe even another book/s. Someone brought up a possible ST/Cotillion drama ensuing, and i think that could be VERY likely actually! I get the feeling from them two that they were closer as mortals than they now are as gods, and a schism is something i kinda look forward to seeing happen, in all actuality. While both seem to have the same agenda, we see them still doing little moves behind each others backs. Just don't know who the victor of that conflict would be, if there even needs to be one (a victor, that is).

#27 User is offline   iRFNA 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

Couldn't he have sailed to quon tali then proceeded further west to land on the eastern coast of kolanse?

#28 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

View PostUlrik, on 21 August 2010 - 03:33 PM, said:

To Quick Benīs power. Ahem...weīve seen him anihilating Nahruk by hundreds...if this isnt demonstration of POWER... only more challenging act is take cake from Kruppeīs hands.

Oh, this gives me a great mental image ie. Kruppe pausing in mid-sentence to observe the last crumb of his pastry disappear into QB's mouth, as he gives Kruppe a wink...

Beauty!
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#29 User is offline   Daeghrefn 

• Corporal

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

View Postjitsukerr, on 20 August 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

I wonder if it's all going to be some giant punne, or play on wordes (hello Pratchett fans), and we get a load of Elders traipsing out of one of Icariums contraptions to solve all the problems on the last page. A literal feast of Dei ex Machinae. (And apologies to Latin-lovers for my declensions -- I'm having bowel trouble.)

And then Hedge provides a Cussus Ex Machina that blows them all back to the Abyss.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users