• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Supernatural - The series

#21 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Those two brothers go through some serious shit over the course of the series. Some episodes this is told really well, other times they seem to completely ignore it. It's the lack of consistency in the later seasons that really annoys me.

I would definitely recommend watching the earlier seasons. I don't remember the first seasons very well but I thought seasons 3-5 were pretty damn awesome. 6 they start to get a bit too far up their own ass but the finale was worth it.

#22 User is offline   Hound 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Seasons 1 and 2 are more of the monster-of-the-week variety. They focus more on the overall storyarcs in seasons 3-5 , which are widely considered (and I agree with that statement) as Supernaturals best seasons. The later seasons still have some very good episodes, but with original showrunner Kripke leaving the show after season 5 they had to find their footing again. And I have to say, I really liked season 8 and season 9 so far doesn't disappoint.

#23 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

Someone avoided the 'supernatural assmilk' GIS trap, eh?

...THIS time.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#24 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

Just had an episode from season 10 (?) on TV the other night, and there was a bit where Sam (the long haired one) asks the devil what he wants to do next. His answer: "Move to LA? Fight crime?". Had me in stitches for a good 10 minutes.

http://forum.malazan...ost__p__1220250
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

I watched SPN with pleasure during s1-s5, then with some laughs and a lot of curses during s6-s7, I was enjoying the first half of s8, then it went downhill, thought s9 was a lot of meh (Jensen was the only thing that kept me going) and s10 could've been so good, but totally balked on the promise the s9 season finale teased. At the end of s10 I was so pissed I gave up. I won't do it any more. I was watching for Jensen's acting mostly after s5 anyways. I just can't stand Sam and it's not worth it to fast forward though all of his scenes every episode.

This post has been edited by Lycaenion: 14 February 2016 - 07:12 AM

Be Your Own Hero

#26 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

I started watching the show way back, somewhere in season 2.

Been watching it regularly since.

some of it is "meh...."
But if you know the characters etc, every now and then there are perfect golden episodes of pure awesomeness. Good comedy/story etc.

Ya, "Sam's" bad acting is almost comedic it's so beyond tragic.... heh

I'll keep watching them as long as they make 'em.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#27 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

This show jumped the shark big time about 6 series ago but they actually killed Hitler in the last episode. If you jump the shark twice does that bring you back to your pre-shark jumping position? I still can't stop watching it though.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#28 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Alright, you need explain that in a spoiler box for me so we don't ruin it for somebody who cares.

Did they travel back in time? Did Hitler secretly survivw in South America/on the Moon/get frozen/defrozen in the future, get summoned to 2017 because he is actually an Arian demon?
What?

#29 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Spoiler

#30 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

I can't believe this is still going.

It definitely was "complete" back at the end of the Apocalypse arc, if they really wanted to keep going, they should have just gone back to monster of the week format. All the other arcs since have been forced and retread the same old ground. Other than Cas and Dean (and Crowley), it's just not what it was.

Oh, and the Leviathans? So poorly done. They could have been waaaaay more interesting.

I still need to watch the latest couple of seasons but really, not sure I can be bothered after season 9. *sigh*

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#31 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

It's a lot more tongue in cheek now than it used to be. Crowley and Cas make it as the Winchester storyline is always the same. There are still standalone episodes that have the old magic. They have dialled it back this series so far which is sensible as they had nowhere to go after last series when it was
Spoiler
There's a new Winchester on the scene too which slightly surprised me but really shouldn't in hindsight.

Let me know if anyone cares enough that I should spoiler all tidbits. I'm assuming it is so far passed it's prime that nobody minds.

#32 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:43 AM

They have announced Supernatural will end finally with Season 15. Sob.

They're going to have to kill Dean I think. He won't go quietly into the night and if he does then it's just wrong.

#33 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 27 March 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

They have announced Supernatural will end finally with Season 15. Sob.

They're going to have to kill Dean I think. He won't go quietly into the night and if he does then it's just wrong.

I hope they do one last musical episode next season. Those were always my favourites!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#34 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

Season 15. Crikey. I don't think I've seen it since season 7 . . .

#35 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

It's not even that the later seasons are particularly bad. But it really should have ended at least a couple of years ago. In the end, it almost feels like they continue because they don't want to let go and try something new.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#36 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:03 PM

I don't want to let go and try something new!

#37 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:18 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 28 March 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

It's not even that the later seasons are particularly bad. But it really should have ended at least a couple of years ago. In the end, it almost feels like they continue because they don't want to let go and try something new.

Definitely agree - the last few seasons haven't been BAD, necessarily. I've really enjoyed the Jack stuff - it's just about the only gods/angels/devil lore that they hadn't really touched on yet - but after 14 seasons, it's tough to come up with much that's original - even new characters usually end up being rehashes of old characters, but in different skins.

I still watch it though. *shrugs*
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#38 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:25 AM

My wife and I still watch it. Also, Jensen Ackles can actually sing. He's got some videos on YT singing live. The Dean character and the actor like the same genre of music. Ì always liked that.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 21 April 2019 - 03:26 AM

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#39 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:10 PM

So I'm watching the final series and I went through the episodes on my TiVo box. I'm at episode 10 of 20 and I realised it somehow didn't record the final 2. While I'm hunting for episode 19 I massively spoilered myself for what I assume is a big death in episode 18. I've been watching this shit for what? 15 years or something? So near the end but yet so far!!!

#40 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:40 AM

How is that show still going? Are there 20 seasons now? I got too angry with the show around the time they started introducing angels.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users