Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Picking teams Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:24 AM

Heading into the CG who war are the "teams" and what are their goals?

I'll start but will need help to fill things out a bit more

Crippled God's team, goal is to avoid being chained and then snacked on, probably wants to be released and depending on how twisted in the head possibly go home(I think Tavore is making a big assumption that the Crippled God won't keep doing his shtick even after he is released. He may be insane)

- Tavore and surviving Bonehunters
- Gesler and Stormy leading the K'chain Che'malle
- Skinner and his 40 Avowed...maybe Queen Ardata/ Goddess Ardatha?
- Are Bridgeburners on their side? He does help Kelyath(spelling)

Elder Gods Team, want to release the Otateral Dragon and destroy K'Rul and his warrens..I think Knuckles has further ideas, possibly annihilation of all Gods/Magic? Also want to suck dry the CG

-Kilmandoros
-Knuckles
-Otateral Dragon

Younger Gods, want to suck dry the CG and probably prevent their warrens from dying

-K'Rul is probably here, I doubt he wants to be killed by the Otateral Dragon
-All younger Gods excepting ShadowThrone/Cotillion and I think Queen of Dreams
-Icarium, Otateral Dragon would come after him as well as K'rul..right?
-Captain Paran, I assume he will want to protect the warrens and the Younger Gods but he might be alright with unchaining the CG
- Bridgeburners, I assume they want to keep the Younger Gods alive since they seem to want to send the dead to their various Gods

Abstaining parties and or still unknown

-Shadowthrone/Cotillion
-Queen of Dreams
-Mael
-Olar Ethil and the two dragon spirits walking around in bones
-Tool and his army
-Forkrul Assail and company, are they working with/for the CG or are they the Elder Gods' army?
-Silchas Ruin and Ryadd
-Hood and his Jaghut army

Am I missing any major players or misplacing them?

#2 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

I'd set Mael up in the crippled god's team, he want him to be dealt with, not being sucked out, so much his conversation with Kilmandaros made clear. Plus, he gave Tavore an invested dagger of sorts, hinting at what ending he is expecting.

You missed out on the Errant and Draconus

Shadowthrone and Cottilion are a faction on their own.
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

Badalle
Grub & Sinn
The Grey Swords et al
(And not sure how the various gods of war fit in here, esp. Fener).
You missed some House of Chains folks like Kallor and the Seven.
Crone & the Great Ravens perhaps.
Heboric

This post has been edited by worrywort: 11 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

I thought about trying to figure out everyone who will appear in TCG, but I gave it up before I even started. I just know that it's going to be on crazy gigantic convergence of pure epic that will probably be as badass as the endings of all the other books combined.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#5 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

Rather duhuh, Erikson is giving us his grand finale of ten books of epic awesomeness
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#6 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

View PostGingerBreadMan, on 11 August 2010 - 05:24 AM, said:

Heading into the CG who war are the "teams" and what are their goals?

I'll start but will need help to fill things out a bit more

Crippled God's team, goal is to avoid being chained and then snacked on, probably wants to be released and depending on how twisted in the head possibly go home(I think Tavore is making a big assumption that the Crippled God won't keep doing his shtick even after he is released. He may be insane)

- Tavore and surviving Bonehunters
- Gesler and Stormy leading the K'chain Che'malle
- Skinner and his 40 Avowed...maybe Queen Ardata/ Goddess Ardatha?
- Are Bridgeburners on their side? He does help Kelyath(spelling)

Elder Gods Team, want to release the Otateral Dragon and destroy K'Rul and his warrens..I think Knuckles has further ideas, possibly annihilation of all Gods/Magic? Also want to suck dry the CG

-Kilmandoros
-Knuckles
-Otateral Dragon

Younger Gods, want to suck dry the CG and probably prevent their warrens from dying

-K'Rul is probably here, I doubt he wants to be killed by the Otateral Dragon
-All younger Gods excepting ShadowThrone/Cotillion and I think Queen of Dreams
-Icarium, Otateral Dragon would come after him as well as K'rul..right?
-Captain Paran, I assume he will want to protect the warrens and the Younger Gods but he might be alright with unchaining the CG
- Bridgeburners, I assume they want to keep the Younger Gods alive since they seem to want to send the dead to their various Gods

Abstaining parties and or still unknown

-Shadowthrone/Cotillion
-Queen of Dreams
-Mael
-Olar Ethil and the two dragon spirits walking around in bones
-Tool and his army
-Forkrul Assail and company, are they working with/for the CG or are they the Elder Gods' army?
-Silchas Ruin and Ryadd
-Hood and his Jaghut army

Am I missing any major players or misplacing them?

I don't think it as clear cut as you have put. TCG is already chained, we do not know if his power is being used yet, do we know what connection he has to the jade giants? The FA are on no ones side but there own, complete justice they want, and to have this no one will survive.. to them that is!!

I think skinner and his avowed are baddies, they can't be on the same side as the bonehunters! I would prefer these to battle each other, anyway the crimson guard hate malazans!

gesler and stormy may lead the K'chain Che'malle, yet i think they will attack the nah'ruk, or short tails rather than fight the crippled god.

in fact it is so messy, i don't even know what the sides are, I thought the elder gods were pitting themselves against the new gods, the errant versus paran, knuckles versus oponn etc

and i cannot see where everyone can fit into the book, i just know the book will blow me away!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#7 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for adding all those names I missed.

I know the Forkrul Assail are on their own side, but I doubt they are doing it all on their own without a God of some sort.

The Green Giants ARE tied to Justice of some sort, so perhaps they are tied to the Forkrul Assail?

Skinner/Avowed are "baddies" but they also work for the Crippled Guard so they will end up alongside the Bonehunters

Gesler/Stormy stated they are heading to Kolanse with the Bonehunters, Kalyth mentioned they would not be enough(even with Sinn and Grub which is pretty badass considering Sinn did something Tayschrenn couldn't) so Gunth told Gesler that they owed Gesler/Stormy and would thus follow them/guard them.

The Short Tails are are described as a "dying species", now that their forces are decimated and they are stuck in the Imperial Warren I think they are out of the picture for the remainder of the series.

#8 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:55 AM

I kinda worry that many characters will be left alone, basically, for the tenure of the book. I expect, in typical Erikson fashion, that TCG will include a host of new characters, somehow, just like all the other ones. I expect this might foist some favs from the limelight, leaving us reeling but still happy because the book is amazing. I am very much preparing myself for a finish which, while awesome, still leaves so many things open I want to pull my hair out (before taking a deep breath and re-reading). Call me a worrywort, I suppose.

There's one thing I don't worry about. POLIO.
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

#9 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Also forgot the Watch (who's apparently on the cover) and the Shake...
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#10 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

View PostDefiance, on 11 August 2010 - 07:04 AM, said:

I thought about trying to figure out everyone who will appear in TCG, but I gave it up before I even started. I just know that it's going to be on crazy gigantic convergence of pure epic that will probably be as badass as the endings of all the other books combined.

This! :(
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#11 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

View PostHetan, on 02 November 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostDefiance, on 11 August 2010 - 07:04 AM, said:

This! :(

I hate you Hetan.

But just for fun, look at what's been set up in DoD, from a group standpoint, because naming indiv characters would take forever...

The 14th
Bolkado w/ turtle shell Barghast
Grey Helms
Brys' Letherii
K'chain Che'malle
K'chain Nah'ruk
Tiste Andii
Tiste Liosan
Forkrul Assail
Hood and the last Jaghut Army
Unbound Imass
Tool's Imass
Elder Gods... all of them
Elder animal gods (Wolves, Fener, possibly D'rek)
Icarium
Gruntle/Mappo/& co.
Silchas and Rud
Telorast and Curdle
The Snake kids
The Shake
The CG
The Otataral Dragon

...and then you have just a few wee plotlines that we didn`t see in DoD but you KNOW are going to come into play...

Paran and the Host
Shadowthrone and Cotillion`s master plan
The Eleint

And of course there are a few disparate plotlines that are likely going to remain aside... the Andii at Black Coral, Karsa and the various Toblakai elements, the Tyrant of D`stan, the Seguleh, the Disavowed, the Crimson Guard, the other Imass on Assail...

So even assuming these last few items dončt come into play, that is a HELL of a list to work with.

....Did i mention that i hate you Hetan?

- Abyss, now with 30% more hate...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#12 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

Pretty comprehensive list, I would just add Sinn and Grub (assuming you didn't just consider them part of the 14th since they've split off)
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#13 User is offline   SiriusL 

• Canine brilliance!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

View PostAbyss, on 02 November 2010 - 04:12 PM, said:

And of course there are a few disparate plotlines that are likely going to remain aside... the Andii at Black Coral, Karsa and the various Toblakai elements, the Tyrant of D`stan, the Seguleh, the Disavowed, the Crimson Guard, the other Imass on Assail...

I'm still on the fence about Karsa. He's technically tied to the CG, right, so he should come into play. Plus he's been such a major figure elsewise. Did he formally sever his agreement with the CG after embarrassing Rhulad?

Also, what about the Eres and whatever weird deus ex machina ability she has. Here's hoping she only had one of those cards in the deck.

Finally, Gothos and the Azath/Nameless Ones. The Azath are the key to this whole thing, is my guess. I said once before that they are the rules and/or gameboard on which SE and ICE are playing. I still think that's true, though I'm not quite sure what will happen with that. If Burn is her own card, and someone...uh...burns that card to ashes, that leaves an infinite number of other cards/tiles.

#14 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

View PostSiriusL, on 02 November 2010 - 11:12 PM, said:

[

I'm still on the fence about Karsa. He's technically tied to the CG, right, so he should come into play. Plus he's been such a major figure elsewise. Did he formally sever his agreement with the CG after embarrassing Rhulad?

He never had an agreement with the CG in the first place. The CG simply assumed that Karsa would have loved to be his Knight but of course he was wrong. Anyway I believe refusing to take the sword and then allowing Withal to destroy it, means he has finished with the CG. And viceversa.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 03 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#15 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

@ abyss missed - Queen of dreams and fake felisin and leoman of the flails

Like the list though if all are included it will be a great finale
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users