Malazan Empire: Leoman and Dunsparrow - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leoman and Dunsparrow the bargain? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

How about this: each book has a pyranid effect, they each have a lot of build up to the end of the book. then a lot happens towards the end.. how about the whole series as a build up to the last book, different parts of each book will be within the last book? calm, (the FA released by Karsa), leoman and dunsparrow, paran's host, the bonehunters, the denizens of darujhistan, icarium??? I understand some characters where just a different take on situations but he has not just cut a major character out of the series. let's be honest, leoman was a major character, why not kill him off or end him rather than be mysterious? there are a lot of open ended questions but the last book should answer them i think! if not then ICE may introduce them but SE's to much of a genius to leave somethin this big out!! I say "this big" because Leoman was a hated character for me not as a character but for the actions his charcter performed, he cannot just get off scott free with nothing else said about him.

i agree with people relating the queen of dreams to burn and how they have got to be against the crippled god, OR against whoever wants to keep the crippled god chained, set him free, let him go home!!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#22 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

View PostKryphon, on 01 August 2010 - 05:15 AM, said:

I think the WJ/IJ theory of replacing Hood is reasonable and logical, which makes me doubt whether or not ti will actually happen.

Leoman and Dunsparrow makes more sense because of Dunsparrows connection to WJ, however Corabb was a lucky MFer and his presence with Leoman make for a great team. Add to that the fact that he was fiercly loyal to Leoman, while Dunsparrow is a relative unknown, and that gives Leoman another facet of awesome.

QoD seems more evil than anything.. I almost wonder if she is on the CG side. I know her old alliances were with people present at the chainings, but we know so little about QoD thats it's hard to say.

Lastly, I want to see QB become King of All the Gods. Only because he's THAT smart!

Isn't it mentioned in DoD when the Bridgeburners are talking with Kalyth that the Bridgeburners will be the new face of death in war?

"War" was specifically pointed out by Trotts(?) and Whiskeyjack retorted with something about everything being war and thus he doesn't think their duty will be a short one.

So perhaps Hood was telling the truth about never having anything to do with Death again, leaving it up to the Gods etc..

Leaving Iskar Jarak and company responsible for those who die in war, like the Bonehunters?

As to Quick Ben, I'm not really sold on his being a genius.

If he was, why do so many people around him end up dead? He seems to know all kinds of stuff about sorcery but he does tend to fail more often than not.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users