Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fill me in here Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Iconik 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

Help me out here. I've started Dust of Dreams. I'm reading slow. Slower than I've ever read anything before. I don't want this to end. Not even a tenth of the way in and I have a question. I've forgotten where Rautos was at the end of Reaper's Gale. He's running around with people called Last, Nappet, Asane and Sheb. Did I miss something? Fill me in right quick. Spoiler free of course. :)

Love you malazanempire.com

#2 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

I think they were all in Lether when it all went down
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3 User is offline   Iconik 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure Rautos was. How did he end up hooking up with Taxillian though? And where did they pick up these ghosts?

#4 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

RAFO - read on and find out. You'll bang your head against a wall when it finally clicks :)
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#5 User is offline   Iconik 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

Good enough. SE tends to do that a lot doesn't he? He refuses to throw bones. I got a friend to start reading SE and he made a good observation: SE's books don't beg but DEMAND to be read multiple times.

#6 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

I love this series... shame it's ending. But Puck has it - you will enjoy the outcome :)

Fwiw - I think Dust of Dreams is a really mouth-watering first half of a great book - the second is epic.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#7 User is offline   Iconik 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

I'm sad. These books have played such a huge role in my life. I started reading them in 2005(?) and have read books 1-7 4 time or more each. I guess I can read ICE. Please say it isn't so!

#8 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Don't worry, Erikson's writing two Malazan trilogies afterwards, so there'll be more Malazan from him as well as ICE.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#9 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

View PostIconik, on 24 July 2010 - 03:31 PM, said:

Good enough. SE tends to do that a lot doesn't he? He refuses to throw bones.

He did throw a bone in the DoD prologue :) It's just that only later you start putting the pieces together :p

And you're not alone.. My life's been influenced by these books heavily. I've started reading SE when I was 14. Seven years down the line and I can't wrap my mind around the fact that the series is ending :p
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#10 User is offline   Iconik 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Isn't it awful? Really...it's like finding out that your favorite band in the world has broken up and you won't be getting anymore of their music. I understand he's got 2 trilogies coming out but, that's years and years off.

I got a Coltaine tattoo ffs. It's ambiguous in nature.

"What's that?"
"A crow"
"What's it represent?"
"Nothing. It's just a crow." (they wouldn't understand!)

#11 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

Well, my all-time favourite band DID break up last year, so I actually can compare the sentiments, and somehow this here feels better since there is more stuff to come. But still, it's like.. I'll miss the tense anticipation of wanting to read what'll happen next :)

The tattoo sounds cool :p But yeah, explaining what's up with it every time can get tedious.

My major emotional connection to the MBotF is that thanks to my constant drawing of the characters and stuff I made up the courage to study illustration. Without the MBotF I'd have chickened out and would have become unhappy, as I now realize.

#12 User is offline   Iconik 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

So he helped you in gaining courage to draw and study illustration more. I wonder if he understands what he's done for so many people.

#13 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Your favorite band is the Cheetah Girls too?!?!?!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users