Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

View New Topic problem

#1 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

Im having a problem all of the sudden with the "view new content" button.

Its going to a white screen with an error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_search_11::searchResultsAsForum() in /home/empress/public_html/forum/admin/applications/core/modules_public/search/search.php on line 654

not sure if anyone else is getting this or if its maybe just on my end?
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#2 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

Me too. This is the button I hit as soon as I get to the site - and it's not working dammit!

Same error message - Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_search_1::searchResultsAsForum() in /home/empress/public_html/forum/admin/applications/core/modules_public/search/search.php on line 654
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

yea im pretty lost without it
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#4 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Forum has just been upgraded to 3.1.2 - and this is a problem.
A support ticket has been sent to IPB - just in case we can't find the answer ourselves, so you'll just have to do without it for the time being.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#5 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

Not that it's pertinent to the matter but I've got this problem too. Hear me see me.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#6 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Silencer is god. Bow before Silencer.

All major problems I am aware of are fixed for the moment. Please report any further weirdness in this or Sombra's thread. Thank you.

*except the numbers next to the "Go to last post" bit. It's not really major, and I'ma going to wait and see how the forum sits before I go after that one. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#7 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

Looks like another .php error - maybe there's another file that needs chmodding somewhere?

On the bright side - it looks like that wierd internet explorer bug has finally been fixed - the one that stretches the images across the bottom of the forum. Work computers didn't like that one :)
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#8 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

Quite possibly. If I run the pre-install setup once more it may reveal some other files that need chmodding. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#9 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

All hail Silencer!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

Bwahahahah!

However, having run the setup again, I've found that all files are (probably) chmodded correctly. So it's something else. Ah well, will have to deal with that later, I'm afraid. :)

Shinrei said:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users