• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Emerald by M.L Hamilton

#1 User is offline   werewolfv2 

• OurWild.World
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books and photography

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

Here is yet another book put out by Wild Wolf Publishing and as it stands it’s the best yet.

Emerald is a story about a prince who seems to have a touch a magic in his blood which annoys his father to no end. The story concerns Kai (the Prince) who decides to act a feeling and dream he has been having in an attempt to protect his fathers kingdom from the forces of Gava which seem bent on dominating the world. Within days of this decision Kai has lost his family and friends to the army of Gaviston and the true adventure begins.

Emerald is a pretty well put together story with almost none of editing issues that were rampant in Rhone and to a lesser extent in Killing Moon. In some ways its fairly standard Fantasy with Elves (Stravad), Humans, another race that I cant just cant place a standard name on and a lizard race tossed in for good measure. Fairly decent magic that isn’t overwhelming, a solid amount of action and some decent characters. The story isn't the most original I’ve seen but it’s pretty enjoyable and left me hoping for another story in the same world.

The only issues I really have with the book are that at some point throughout Emerald all the main characters say something about going insane (yes I’m being picky!), I wasn’t exactly expecting somebody to use a phrase such as “touché” and even though I knew the main character was going to go into a “woe is me” period, I still wasn’t happy about it. Yup, my complaints are pretty weak!

Over all Emerald is a good solid read that I really recommend.

8/10

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users