Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abrupt Death

#1 User is offline   biochemist 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Since I am now in the middle of BH, I have seen my fair share of abrupt deaths, but the latest one with Heboric really took me by surprise. In my mind the idea was that they were all traveling back to Otataral island to revisit the jade statues and somehow reinstate Fener to ascendancy (?).

If I am reasonably on track, I have a few questions:

1) Assuming the T'lan Imass didn't just happen upon them randomly, why do they care is Fener is reinstated?
2) Who is controlling the T'lan Imass Heboric and his company were attacked by? My instinct says that these T'lan Imass may be connected to the Faces in the Rock Imass and thus under the influence of the Crippled God but SE gave no indication during the attack. I say this trying to answer question #1.

Without giving anything away can someone tell me if I am even close? Or am I way off base?

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

1. They don't care about Fener.
2. Yes, read on to find out. That party was of value to two opposing players in the game.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

I don't think it is a spoiler to reveal what they are after since it is, if I recall correctly, hinted at earlier in the book.

The T'lan Imass was indeed the Unbound, on a mission for the CG. They came for "Felisin the Youngest". She is to serve as the figure head of a project the CG is working on.

Read on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users