• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Mule scene! A full quote

#21 User is offline   Rooster 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

I often become sexless. I'm not sure that counts....

#22 User is offline   Sucka27 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

I still think Kruppe is either Mockra himself, or holds a high position in the warren (possibly high priest). Him and the high priest of shadow being peers of a slightly different flavor makes perfect sense here as well.
"Which god?"
"You were supposed to run away when I told you that."

#23 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Sucka27, on 19 August 2010 - 07:29 PM, said:

I still think Kruppe is either Mockra himself, or holds a high position in the warren (possibly high priest). Him and the high priest of shadow being peers of a slightly different flavor makes perfect sense here as well.

I think he is connected to the Queen of Dreams..

She seems to have a similar "sit back and manipulate" strategy as Shadowthrone which could explain the similarities amongst their servants(Pust and Kruppe)

It would also explain his dreams, he is the only character I can think of for whom dreams play a big role and they seem to be integral to his character

#24 User is offline   Ozymandiac 

• Captain

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

Gods, you typed that? Please, go to the following link and download the books: LINK REMOVED
Although the scene you typed was awesome in every respect, amd totally worth typing.

Edited by Bubba
"Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

#25 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

Oz, piracy in any form is a no no on this form as the site does not want to be associated with that kind of activity.

Specifically, the site does not want people posting links to pirated copies of the Malazan Book of the Fallen. That is material taken with out the Author or Publishers consent. Digital theft.

So better remove that link.

#26 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

Ozymandiac, on 22 August 2010 - 07:50 PM, said:

Gods, you typed that? Please, go to the following link and download the books: ********

Although the scene you typed was awesome in every respect, amd totally worth typing.

er i would remove the link to the illegal download of SE's books...

This post has been edited by champooon: 22 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#27 User is offline   Sucka27 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

FYI, you can find most of the book at books.google.com, which is used with permission from the publisher. Some publishers give them unlimited access, others give you a section of pages, etc. It's very useful.
"Which god?"
"You were supposed to run away when I told you that."

#28 User is offline   nuk 

• Recruit

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

So why are Pust and Kruppe so pathetic in this scene? Pust once drove off that nasty D'vers (sp?), and Kruppe stood up to Brood. Did SE just nerf them for comic value?

#29 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

neither one of them would ever just let loose on a night such as that one. insane they may be, but suicidal they are not. far too many nasties running around for them to stick their heads up with a big magical display.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#30 User is offline   HedgeWalker 

• Topiary Tottering
  • Interests:The complex relationship between underwear volume and personality disposition.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Sinisdar Toste, on 03 November 2010 - 11:51 PM, said:

neither one of them would ever just let loose on a night such as that one. insane they may be, but suicidal they are not. far too many nasties running around for them to stick their heads up with a big magical display.

Sometimes, something is only obvious after someone points it out...Thanks muchly Monsieur Toste! I just did an "OOOoooooh Yeah - Of course..Duh!".

I too had wondered at the lack of magical skullduggery when these two legends met, especially considering Pusty's treatment of Dejim Nebrahl (sp?)... But the 'charge' of Pust and the verbal assault of Kruppe had me chuckling away, and consequently explaining to the Mrs about; "You know the guy I was telling you about last week who eats all the pastries and knows everything, well, he is on his War-Mule, and is being charged by the bloke who's married to the Spider-woman and has been chasing after the fit Shadow Preistess...and the charge is being conducted as a slow walking pace, on a mule"

The further I get into the series, the more difficult it is to explain why I'm cheering/chuckling/laughing/exclaiming/gesticulating... You have to be there really...

#31 User is offline   Braden 

• Creature of Shadow and Ice
  • Interests:Airsoft, Live Role Play, reading, music, family...not actually really in that order.

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

Nonsense!! Kruppe and Pust….FEAR?? Never! Hoods Teeth boy, they fear nothing.

More likely they clearly realised that the only way each could better the other would be to reveal their full powers and to do so would destroy the world…

..see, much more simple and understandable.

*wink*

#32 User is offline   Bow to the Tehol 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

Iconik, on 25 July 2010 - 04:16 PM, said:

For years I said one of the things I wanted most was an Iskaral and Kruppe conversation. I got one. Boooooy oh boy did I get one.

I think the penultimate scene of The Crippled God has got to be Kruppe, Pust and Tehol Beddict resolving all the crisises of the entire series in one drawn out extended blab fest of epic proportions. Three humans saving the world through intelligence (of some kind) while all the rest of the 'powerful' are helpless. This scene would leave Bugg, the Mule(s) and other ascendants and gods standing aghast but overwhelmed as all of the realms and powers are returned to their rightful places.

The Teholist

#33 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

What would the ultimate scene then be?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#34 User is offline   Bow to the Tehol 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

worrywort, on 01 February 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

What would the ultimate scene then be?

Only something those three could come up with. In other words, something completely unexpected.

#35 User is offline   zenMichael 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

nuk, on 03 November 2010 - 07:36 PM, said:

So why are Pust and Kruppe so pathetic in this scene? Pust once drove off that nasty D'vers (sp?), and Kruppe stood up to Brood. Did SE just nerf them for comic value?

pathetic? it's a full-on battle of minds to mirror the battle of physical might as evinced in the Anomander/Dassem scene. PERFECT MIRRORING GODDAMMIT.
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars: www.quiptracks.com
Realms Remembered: A chronological read-through (DR) of all the Forgotten Realms novels (youtube.com/rolereviewsal)

#36 User is offline   Blueiron 

• Acolyte of Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hang on, minor digression, but how come Quick ain't been repped for this yet? Honestly, you ungrateful louts :( . Tut tut.
QBFTW!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users