• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

clip Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

So what do you guys think? At times he seems like a total poser but you get snippets that he might really be an ass whooper.

When we are introduced to him in RG he says some thing to Seren Pendac to the effect of I am not Mortal Sword to the Black Winged lord because of my skill with these swords. Then he says the Andara Andi could have chosen 100 other warriors but they chose him meet up with Silchas because he was “born to darkness”, and is somehow gifted with mother darks blessing. And as we all know he can walk KG.

But then later on Silchas says the Truthfinder and his 70ish soldiers would all be dead if Clip would have stayed behind. So Silchas thinks Clip can scrap, but this seems different from what Clip said earlier to Seren. It also brings up one of the most unexplainable things in the entire series, how the 70 Letherii and a couple mages killed all of those Bluerose Andii with hardly any casualties themselves. Clip already stated there were 100 other warrior that were similar to himself, or maybe I misunderstood.

I think we can all agree that Clip is one annoying self important son of a bitch, but does he have value and skills that are hidden because of how obnoxious he is? And is he really Anomander Rakes Mortal Sword? I believe he thinks he is, but is that enough?

And just a side bit, I love the foreshadowing of Nimander hearing Clips swinging rings well before they meet. Also I love how he acts oblivious to what people are talking about when they ask him to stop swinging the Rings on the chain.

Seren-“do you have to do that?”

Clip-“do what?”
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#2 User is offline   aulonocara 

• Recruit

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

if they ever made a malazan movie/series, i demand clip be be played by pee wee herman

#3 User is offline   onehitwunder 

• Corporal

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

Hahaha. There will never be movies about malazan book of the fallen. I call it right now. Also I hate clip, did nimander kill him?

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

1. Clip lies a lot
2. He loses a finger when the rings tear themselves free from his hand but he lives, albeit incredibly humbled
3. Clip will be played by Justin Bieber in the movies
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

onehitwunder, on 05 June 2010 - 11:02 PM, said:

Hahaha. There will never be movies about malazan book of the fallen. I call it right now.

Seeing as we'll probably one day have artificial intelligence creating most of our fiction for us, I will call you on that. I think it is safe to assume that there will be a series of movies about the MBOTF eventually. You'll just be really old by then but on the upside, by then they can simulate any actor you ever wanted, so the film will have a dream cast.

But who has time to watch fantasy films, when there's sex bots and neural implants projecting images of Sarah Jessica Parker right into your brain.

#6 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

Aptorian, on 06 June 2010 - 06:13 AM, said:

neural implants projecting images of Sarah Jessica Parker right into your brain.

Dystopy? Orwellism? Dark future? Are you depressed? Damn you for this image burned into my brain! AAAARGH!

(yep, I had to watch Sex and the City 2)

For topic - Clip is something like Carrie Bradshaw. Useless poser with shiny chain and no brain.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#7 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:05 AM

Aptorian, on 06 June 2010 - 06:13 AM, said:

onehitwunder, on 05 June 2010 - 11:02 PM, said:

Hahaha. There will never be movies about malazan book of the fallen. I call it right now.

Seeing as we'll probably one day have artificial intelligence creating most of our fiction for us, I will call you on that. I think it is safe to assume that there will be a series of movies about the MBOTF eventually. You'll just be really old by then but on the upside, by then they can simulate any actor you ever wanted, so the film will have a dream cast.

But who has time to watch fantasy films, when there's sex bots and neural implants projecting images of Sarah Jessica Parker right into your brain.

Couldn't watch them even if you did have time, what with clawing your face off at the horrible image of SJP mercilessly invading your consciousness.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#8 User is offline   onehitwunder 

• Corporal

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

I'd rather bed an enekral then sarah jessica parker lol. I hate her more then any actress

#9 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:36 AM

I always liked Clip.
I think it's because he swings his ring around and is an ass.
That's a pretty good reason, when it comes down to it.
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

#10 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

but is he a poser of sorts?
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#11 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

3. Clip will be played by Justin Bieber in the movies

careful, you will get death threats....

#12 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

Clip lies. A lot.

But he did dodge a hit from Silchas, which is saying something.

And it turned out his chain wasn't just an annoying tic and a Gate opener but an assassin's garrot which he was fairly effective with to Fear's detriment. Also, while Trull kicked his butt, Clip did make a bit of a fight of it, so he's not a complete waste at blades out combat.

That said, I didn't mind one bit when Nimander kicked his butt.

- Abyss, doesn't think we'll be seeing Clip again in the MBF series (ie: not in TCG).
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

Abyss, on 07 June 2010 - 05:32 PM, said:

Clip lies. A lot.

But he did dodge a hit from Silchas, which is saying something.

And it turned out his chain wasn't just an annoying tic and a Gate opener but an assassin's garrot which he was fairly effective with to Fear's detriment. Also, while Trull kicked his butt, Clip did make a bit of a fight of it, so he's not a complete waste at blades out combat.

That said, I didn't mind one bit when Nimander kicked his butt.

- Abyss, doesn't think we'll be seeing Clip again in the MBF series (ie: not in TCG).

do you think Silchas is correct when he says Truthfinder and all of his men would be dead if Clip was in the Andara when they arrived?

This post has been edited by foolio: 07 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

The question isn't whether or not the Letherii/Edur invading team would be dead, the question is whether or not Clip would have made a difference.

The death of all the blue rose Andii in that settlement served a purpose. Their blood fed the shrine in the temple, powering up Clips ring making him capable of opening a direct gate. Their death was a sacrifice. I'm wondering if they didn't die willingly and could in fact have destroyed the soldiers if they'd wanted.

#15 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

Aptorian, on 07 June 2010 - 06:32 PM, said:

...The death of all the blue rose Andii in that settlement served a purpose. Their blood fed the shrine in the temple, powering up Clips ring making him capable of opening a direct gate. Their death was a sacrifice. I'm wondering if they didn't die willingly and could in fact have destroyed the soldiers if they'd wanted.

That was my take on it after a reread.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#16 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

you two gentlemen are far ahead of me. I did not get that....I guess it makes sense, for many reasons...

although they showed no inclination to sacrifice anything much less their lives for Ruin's mission.

This post has been edited by foolio: 07 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

#17 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

Clip is a dirty poser who is full of lies and self deluded grandeur. As Illy said, he will be played by a lesbian (no offense to lesbians intended) named Justin Bieber in the movies.

#18 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

rhulad, on 09 June 2010 - 09:20 PM, said:

Clip is a dirty poser who is full of lies and self deluded grandeur. As Illy said, he will be played by a lesbian (no offense to lesbians intended) named Justin Bieber in the movies.

damn. Now you are goping to get death threats too. I am trying to save you people. Those Beiber fans play hardball....

#19 User is offline   onehitwunder 

• Corporal

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Lol to bad there all 12 year old girls

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users