• You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#4081 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:49 AM

Finished Subnautica.

A very buggy endgame detracted from the experience quite a bit - falling through the map after using a teleporter in the last region, the prawn becoming irreperably trapped by entity pop, but overall a very enjoyable experience. Strangely despite people hyping up how threatening the reapers were and how careful you had to be with them, I only ever saw two, and passed by them without them even looking at me - two wrong turns into the Dunes - but didn't see any near the Aurora or any near the QEP.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4082 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2021 - 05:26 PM

What the hell.... I went down a YouTube rabbit hole of the cockfighting mini-game in the latest FarCry game.

#4083 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 November 2021 - 05:57 PM

Thunderful, the SteamWorld people are doing an event tomorrow, hosted by Mark Hamill.

Possibly news on The Gunk?

Thunderful apparently merged with a few smaller pubs like HeadUp, and Rising Star Games, so there could be some neat announcements, maybe?

Lies of P, the "Bloodborne, but Pinocchio" game got an alpha gameplay trailer yesterday:

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4084 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2021 - 09:35 PM

Cool. I really would like to see game play of The Gunk. I don't know why, but that game has captured my imagination.

That Lies of P game looks bonkers. There is footage in that video that looks like it was taken directly from Bloodborne.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 09 November 2021 - 09:44 PM

#4085 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 November 2021 - 06:36 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 November 2021 - 09:35 PM, said:

Cool. I really would like to see game play of The Gunk. I don't know why, but that game has captured my imagination.

That Lies of P game looks bonkers. There is footage in that video that looks like it was taken directly from Bloodborne.

I'll just say what I always say whenever a this comment gets tossed at a Souls-like:

"Untill Sony puts Bloodborne on PC, there'll be a big market for these knockoffs". Lies of P, the port of that mobile game Pascal's Wager. that Chinese Feather-lady game that apparently actually uses same sounds as Bloodborne... PC gamers are gonna buy 'em all.

Besides, you can never have too many Gothic action games.

The Gunk struck me a more sci-fi take on Kena. Dunno, maybe it's more of an open-world game, but that was the initial vibe I got from the reveal trailer (which was a month after Sony's PS5 reveal)- "This is Microsoft's answer to Kena"

Not that it's a bad thing. World can always use more linear action-adventure games with decent production values.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 10 November 2021 - 06:42 AM

#4086 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 November 2021 - 02:26 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 05 November 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

Finished Subnautica.

A very buggy endgame detracted from the experience quite a bit - falling through the map after using a teleporter in the last region, the prawn becoming irreperably trapped by entity pop, but overall a very enjoyable experience. Strangely despite people hyping up how threatening the reapers were and how careful you had to be with them, I only ever saw two, and passed by them without them even looking at me - two wrong turns into the Dunes - but didn't see any near the Aurora or any near the QEP.

God those bugs. Had to save constantly. Did your Prawn crap out inside alien ruins? I had to use the grapple to pull myself along.

Even the save system crashed frequently, I must have redone the final key collections multiple times.

If you liked that, go play The Forest.
All the fun crafting and exploration, creepy caves and weird surprises but not a single crash or bug so far. Absolutely loving it.

I've left my initial beach camp for now as too many mutants showed up. I traveled inland instead and found a nice lake with cliffs backing it, so my new base is tucked on a small beach with a houseboat moored next to it. Finding cool story related stuff in the caves now too.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 November 2021 - 02:27 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4087 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 November 2021 - 07:39 PM

Well, the Gunk has a release date: Dc 16th.

Still no Steam page. hmmmmm.

#4088 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:27 PM

Here's what they presented at the Thunderful event for The Gunk. It wasn't that long and didn't show a lot, but it looks pretty neat.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 11 November 2021 - 02:20 AM

#4089 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 11 November 2021 - 01:12 PM

View PostTraveller, on 10 November 2021 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 05 November 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

Finished Subnautica.

God those bugs. Had to save constantly. Did your Prawn crap out inside alien ruins? I had to use the grapple to pull myself along.

Even the save system crashed frequently, I must have redone the final key collections multiple times.

If you liked that, go play The Forest.
All the fun crafting and exploration, creepy caves and weird surprises but not a single crash or bug so far. Absolutely loving it.

I've left my initial beach camp for now as too many mutants showed up. I traveled inland instead and found a nice lake with cliffs backing it, so my new base is tucked on a small beach with a houseboat moored next to it. Finding cool story related stuff in the caves now too.

Subnautica was such a meditative experience. Running from mutant cannibals does not sound like quite the same vibe.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4090 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 November 2021 - 05:15 PM

Trying to persuade Mrs Tiste that we should get a Switch as it's a good one for families etc. When my toddler is a little bit older I'd love to be able to introduce him to video games and the stuff I play on PS4 isn't really appropriate for younger kids. The Switch, like the Wii before it is a bit more family orientated.

Also I really want to play Breath of the Wild haha
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4091 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 11 November 2021 - 05:59 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 11 November 2021 - 05:15 PM, said:

Trying to persuade Mrs Tiste that we should get a Switch as it's a good one for families etc. When my toddler is a little bit older I'd love to be able to introduce him to video games and the stuff I play on PS4 isn't really appropriate for younger kids. The Switch, like the Wii before it is a bit more family orientated.

This is a fantastic idea. My 5yo and I play half an hour in the evening together before her before routine. BotW, Link's Awakening Remake, Let's Go Pikachu, and Pikmin 3 have all been great to play together.

#4092 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 November 2021 - 02:03 PM

View PostJPK, on 11 November 2021 - 05:59 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 11 November 2021 - 05:15 PM, said:

This is a fantastic idea. My 5yo and I play half an hour in the evening together before her before routine. BotW, Link's Awakening Remake, Let's Go Pikachu, and Pikmin 3 have all been great to play together.

Oh great thanks for the input I'll add to my wife that JPK from the internet says we should get one! B)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4093 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 November 2021 - 02:52 PM

Xbox 20th anniversary event in 3 hours

Rumors have it that Microsoft might release Halo Infinite's Multiplayer early, as in a "And you can play it RIGHT NOW" surprise during the event.

My body is ready.

#4094 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:20 PM

Dang, 20 years since og Xbox. I never got one. I did get its contemporary competitor (PlayStation 2) as a Christmas gift. I remember the og Xbox was quite the brick of a door stop weight.

#4095 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:56 PM

They launched Halos multiplayer but I think their servers got crushed. No ability to update the launcher and when you click the game you get a blue screen.

Edit: ah, an extra buy for free option just popped up in the store. Updating.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 15 November 2021 - 07:11 PM

#4096 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 November 2021 - 07:37 PM

Loads of backwards compatible games announced as well, bringing back many classics.

There are a couple interesting mid-tier action games missing from that list, which unfortunately means that unless their publishers decide to remaster them, they'll be confined to obscurity, as Xbox won't be adding any additional games to the program.

Still, to be fair, they've brought back A LOT of games for the Xbox crowd.

#4097 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 November 2021 - 07:49 PM

That memory lane stroll though. The Rock with Bill Gates at the original Xbox launch at CES. Was there no E3 in 2001? Also, the old school Halo feelz - the warthog speeding away with the flag. Oh my that brought back some memories.

#4098 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 15 November 2021 - 10:56 PM

Halo Infinite multiplayer is a blast! I haven't played Halo (or any Xbox game) in around 8 or 9 years. The nostalgia hit of jumping into a lobby has been great.

(Halo 3's overall menu & HUD UI still remains the best out of any of the Halo series' games. By miles. No comparison.)

Add my Gamertag and we can play: Whispy

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 15 November 2021 - 10:56 PM

#4099 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 November 2021 - 04:00 PM

I've added you as a friend. My username is VirtuallyApt.

#4100 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:40 PM

Well, I guess all that is left is to pop the champagne and celebrate the best games of 2021. BUT there is always a lot of announcements at The Game Awards (Dec. 9th). I wonder what will be revealed?

A lot of Deathloop in the categories up for grabs.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users