Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bonehunters? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

I've finished DoD and am struggling with the fate of the Bonhunters. That final battle was brilliant and gave me the excitment I'd been waiting for for the whole book.

But are the Bonehunters no more? If so I feel that whole story line is a bit pointless.

I know in real life people don't always acheive their goals, but this isn't real life, so SE doesn't have to end it like this. I'm hoping some of them pulled through, coz Id hate to think of some of them guys dying off scene.

Fid, Corabb, Tavore, and even Ruthane Gudd must still be alive.

pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeee
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#2 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

I'd suggest reading it again as on a reread yal be suprised by how many fates are actually left unresolved

first time i read was like what the...

but one a second go ya notice that its not gone tits up, it "appears" people survived as it doesnt actually confirm any death after the battle... theres signs of a retreat, SE probably just throwing away the trash before all hell breaks loose in the final

leaves it with the heavies holding the line after the marines retreated, then everyone goes back to help, brys surely pictched in, lostara shadow dancing etc etc

This post has been edited by champooon: 26 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#3 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

The Malazan Heavies showed their metal in this, even stopping the Nahruk Advance.

#4 User is offline   Testi 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee
    Adventure Racing
    Beer

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

champooon, on 26 May 2010 - 11:52 AM, said:

I'd suggest reading it again as on a reread yal be suprised by how many fates are actually left unresolved

first time i read was like what the...

but one a second go ya notice that its not gone tits up, it "appears" people survived as it doesnt actually confirm any death after the battle... theres signs of a retreat, SE probably just throwing away the trash before all hell breaks loose in the final

leaves it with the heavies holding the line after the marines retreated, then everyone goes back to help, brys surely pictched in, lostara shadow dancing etc etc

I will be very interested to see how SE, details/accounts for the stand/retreat.

The Bonehunters were essentially just in the way, do they get far enough out of the way?

Do we have another Beak like moment, but this time maybe utilizing Mockra, or perhaps a new warren (Icarium creation), that makes it seem the Bonehunters are gone. Doo they get distracted/drawn to the power/presence of one the many powerful bad @## Mofo's hanging out in the waste? (Mael- to save Brys?)

To me the loss, decimation (modern military sense) of the Khundryl was more concrete (and tragic/wasteful), than what we can confirm for now happened to the Bonehunters.

The hardest part of starting the CG will not be skipping the 7 chapters necessary to get to the flashback, that covers the Bonehunters survival. (what you think SE will start the novel off in any type of linear fashion?)
I wonder if the moranth could shape a cusser, as a frisbee.

#5 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

lets confirm who we know are toast. I will start.
Ebron
Keneb

This post has been edited by foolio: 26 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#6 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Keneb
Ebron
Shard
Cord
Primly
Neller
Mulvan Dreader
Skim

are the definite casualties.

Balgrid is almost certainly dead. He lifted his head above the trench to watch Gudd just before Bottle saw everyone above the trench being torn to pieces.

That means three healers are definitely dead. Not good.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#7 User is offline   ConjurererOfSeasons 

• Ancient One
  • Interests:Death Metal
    Black Metal
    Any other good music
    Authors such as: Erikson (Obviously), Esslemont (Obviously), and H.P. Lovecraft.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, I finished this book yesterday and was very thrown off with this one. You have to assume that a majority of the main characters of the bonehunters survived. I can't even really see Quick Ben being out of it yet, even though he absolutely raped a lot of the Nah'ruk. I'm assuming Hedge, and a few of his new Bridgeburners made it out, probably due to their alchemical shit.

But who knows, maybe he killed off all but a minor handfew. We have to assume that maybe Tavore used that dagger given to her by Mael. But I kinda thought the dagger was a direct means of summoning Ganoes, but who knows. Its all my speculation.
I'm not Christian, but ponder this: Was Jesus just a shield anvil?

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

It's gonna be okay, guys. It's gonna be okay.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:12 AM

No way! That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do? !
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#10 User is offline   eiji 

• Corporal

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Sinisdar Toste, on 27 May 2010 - 03:12 AM, said:

No way! That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do? !

tell me thats an aliens quote what was his name Hudson......

With Shard gone Sinn will go physco. I was gutted about Keneb it just seemed pointless.

Quickben lives he's got to. Maybe he's like a cat but with 12 lives...well 11 now

#11 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

kinda bummed that the ashok regiment leftovers got smoked. I liked those dudes.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#12 User is offline   ConjurererOfSeasons 

• Ancient One
  • Interests:Death Metal
    Black Metal
    Any other good music
    Authors such as: Erikson (Obviously), Esslemont (Obviously), and H.P. Lovecraft.

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

Yeah the Ashok regiment had some pretty badass backstory with them. I mean they handled Karsa Orlong and all the shit they went through in the whirlwind...
I'm not Christian, but ponder this: Was Jesus just a shield anvil?

#13 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Well, Limp is still going, though he'll probably have the CG's chains fall on his leg and break it again when Tavore lets the old Sod go free.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users