I'm Ridiculously Good Looking - aka Pictures

#661 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

That make's a lot of sense, and I agreed strongly there. Thank you Morgoth.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#662 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

@Gust: Go back through the thread, and look at the posts following every newish female poster's pictures. You will notice a pattern. They post, OMIGODHOTNESSIWANTTOBANGYOU happens, they rarely post again. Quick has been one of these in the past but has said he'll stop, which is to his credit. This isn't even going into the '25+ year olds hitting on pictures on 17-18 year olds' conversation you mentioned. It's a shitty trend that needs to be excised. Also please point out any foul language the average teenager would be offended by and wouldn't either already use or think is awesome and steal immediately. (and Morgy's answered you already, go go preview post button)

@Sombra: What do you even think the phrase gargantuan quivering vagina is for?

@Mez: You've met me in person, you should know I am much, much cuter when I'm happy.

I am never happy
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#663 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

Seriously now, cut out the bickering. I'd like to ask you all to just consider whether you might be making yourself look like pervy losers and that it might make posters feel uncomfortable. I think you are, but it's a matter of opinion, just exercise a little caution before you post.
I AM A TWAT

#664 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 July 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

I do get laid

I miss out on all the fun :p

(And pffffffffffffffft to you all, QT and I are team mates, we can say whatever we won't to each other ;) )

View PostTiste Simeon, on 12 July 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

Pictures of nerds trying to look cool you say?

Tiste, you don't try - you ARE cool :p

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#665 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 12 July 2011 - 10:39 PM, said:

@Gust: Go back through the thread, and look at the posts following every newish female poster's pictures. You will notice a pattern. They post, OMIGODHOTNESSIWANTTOBANGYOU happens, they rarely post again. Quick has been one of these in the past but has said he'll stop, which is to his credit. This isn't even going into the '25+ year olds hitting on pictures on 17-18 year olds' conversation you mentioned. It's a shitty trend that needs to be excised. Also please point out any foul language the average teenager would be offended by and wouldn't either already use or think is awesome and steal immediately. (and Morgy's answered you already, go go preview post button)

@Sombra: What do you even think the phrase gargantuan quivering vagina is for?

@Mez: You've met me in person, you should know I am much, much cuter when I'm happy.

I am never happy

Fair enough Illy. I just went back through this entire thread just to get a better understanding and I agree that from Becca's post onward things get a outta hand. Though, earlier in the thread I only got hints of potential issues, but not blatant unpleasant posts until more recently. Hopefully this conversation and future monitoring will help tone things down. Sorry if I came across as defending bad behavior. I was mostly confused about the "cutey" comment and didn't realize the larger context.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#666 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

Still, considering people are able to post their pics in this thread, they also ought to be able to complain if they feel offended. That's what they have hands to type with for. Especially when posting your pic on the internet for all the world to see, one ought to consider possible responses. Don't like them? Just say it.

Not trying to defend certain comments here, but there are still two sides to every coin, and what I've seen in this thread was more fun than intended offence.

Now, can we just agree on one side to be a bit less outspoken and the other to be less provocative?

[I'm probably going to get shit for this, but whatever..]

This post has been edited by Puck: 12 July 2011 - 11:47 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#667 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

#668 User is offline   TaxManATX 

• Corporal

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

Too much jabberin!

Showing off some Texas hill country...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#669 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

Just so everyone knows, I had no qualms about you drooling over my friend, I know it was just in fun ;)

Here's me and Lex at last Saturday's party :p Damn good night.

Attached File  267671_2014662719034_1017792136_2240089_7202669_n.jpg (48.94K)
Number of downloads: 1
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#670 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

I made a couple of posts contributing to this. I didn't intend any harm but it seems I have caused some. To those I've offended and made feel uncomfortable, and I apologise for that and feel bad about it.

#671 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

View PostKing Bear, on 13 July 2011 - 04:31 AM, said:

I made a couple of posts contributing to this. I didn't intend any harm but it seems I have caused some. To those I've offended and made feel uncomfortable, and I apologise for that and feel bad about it.

Has anyone whose picture was commented on actually complained? Stop apologising and start posting pictures - honestly, too many words for a picture thread :p

All this talk of formals made me go back and find my formal pictures. Everyone went dressed in really expensive dresses and outfits - one girl wore a $1000 + traditional dress and arrived in a horse drawn carriage. So naturally I decided to go dressed as a tavern wench :D Shiara made my outfit for me (she's so awesome). Ducky went as a fallen angel.

Attached File  a.JPG (34.97K)

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#672 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Yes, this is fact, once on the past a girl posted a few pics of herself in underwear. She got less creepy attention then any girl these days posting her face only.

I'm not sure what it means that I remember those pictures, but oh well.
Error: Signature not valid

#673 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

found it:

Posted Image
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#674 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

Me (right) and one of my fraternity bros (left) at our big formal dinner, 2 years ago. This is before I got fantastically tanked.

Attached File  17261_1294956767917_1050240230_30891919_2428127_n.jpg (33.32K)
Number of downloads: 7

GO, HOOT AND HOLLER YE SCUM.

This post has been edited by Adjutant Stormy: 13 July 2011 - 06:34 AM

<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#675 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

View Postworrywort, on 13 July 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

found it:

Posted Image

What is this I don't even
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#676 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 13 July 2011 - 06:06 AM, said:

Yes, this is fact, once on the past a girl posted a few pics of herself in underwear. She got less creepy attention then any girl these days posting her face only.

I'm not sure what it means that I remember those pictures, but oh well.

Maybe because back then the creepy people had the Hawt thread to 'vent' in?

Who knows......

EDIT - in case people take offense to the 'creepy' part - I should point out in all honesty that myself (And Grumble) where far and away the main contributors to the old Hawt thread, so......

This post has been edited by Cocoreturns: 13 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

meh. Link was dead :(

#677 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

View PostLoki, on 13 July 2011 - 05:33 AM, said:

View PostKing Bear, on 13 July 2011 - 04:31 AM, said:

Has anyone whose picture was commented on actually complained? Stop apologising and start posting pictures - honestly, too many words for a picture thread :D

All this talk of formals made me go back and find my formal pictures. Everyone went dressed in really expensive dresses and outfits - one girl wore a $1000 + traditional dress and arrived in a horse drawn carriage. So naturally I decided to go dressed as a tavern wench :p Shiara made my outfit for me (she's so awesome). Ducky went as a fallen angel.

Attached File  a.JPG (34.97K)

Awww you look great Loki :p Wish we could've had some fun with our clothes, was plain ol' suits for my stuffy old educational establishment...
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#678 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostCocoreturns, on 13 July 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

I should point out in all honesty that myself (And Grumble) where far and away the main contributors to the old Hawt thread, so......

I take issue with that.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#679 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

View PostGothos, on 11 July 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

Allright, let's get some photos in from my trip to Switzerland!

Me and the Matternhorn
Posted Image

Monte Rosa and Lyskamm
Posted Image

Zoom in down to the Gorner Glacier. You can see people down there. Tiny!
Posted Image

At Rhine Falls
Posted Image

And again
Posted Image

It has been prophesied!
Posted Image

Edit: To add my bit on the discussion going, it's not that people give inappropriate comments on pictures, it's that the inappropriate comments doesn't stand to the pictures shown. A girl uploads a picture of herself in a massive down jacket and ten lads goes a-howling over then next ten posts. It just taste of insincerity, and that's what gives me the gonorrhoea itch.

This post has been edited by Brynjar: 13 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Legalise drugs! And murder!

#680 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 13 July 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

Me (right) and one of my fraternity bros (left) at our big formal dinner, 2 years ago. This is before I got fantastically tanked.

Attachment 17261_1294956767917_1050240230_30891919_2428127_n.jpg

GO, HOOT AND HOLLER YE SCUM.

You look like that guy from DEAD POETS SOCIETY and HOUSE. That's cool!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 107 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users