• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

just a silly question

#1 User is offline   haroos 

• High Fist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

i noticed that there's a part of the screen (mid right) in the forums main site, where it says :
"forums watched, and "you are not watching any forums".
what does it mean ?
i can't read it if i am in a forum, and it won't chance if a particular forum is on another tab ...

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

Are you logged in when you see this notice?

I see that there's a "watch this topic" button next to the reply button in my top right corner of the thread.

Clicking it takes me to a subscription thread, so my guess is that watched or not watched indicates whether you are subscribed to a subject. I don't really think anyone uses these functions at all, but they are meant to be useful if you have a forum or thread you are specifically interested. On a small forum like this one I don't see the point, you can just use the "View New Content" function instead, but I'm guessing on bigger forums with a lot more traffic it can be useful to have easy access to something that might be hard keeping track off.

#3 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

It does indeed mean subscriptions to a subject.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#4 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

It's pretty useful actually. You can follow individual threads or entire sub-forums, and chose what sort of notifications you can get for them. Handy if you're waiting for replies or comments in a specific thread :)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#5 User is offline   haroos 

• High Fist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

View Postcaladanbrood, on 13 May 2010 - 03:34 PM, said:

It's pretty useful actually. You can follow individual threads or entire sub-forums, and chose what sort of notifications you can get for them. Handy if you're waiting for replies or comments in a specific thread :)

tnx for answers, is it possible to continue a thread from where i left it yesterday (for example) ?

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

The forum does this automatically as far as I know. At least it does if you use the View New Content function (which is normally the only thing I use).

When you click the thread, the page will take you to the last post submitted after you left the thread.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 13 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

#7 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

It will take you back to the first new post, yes. If you just didn't finish reading the page though, it won't detect that.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users